Friday 30 March 2012

Guest Post: Easter Skittles

Good afternoon, everyone!! My name is Shipra, and I go by Tanejasbride: http://www.tanejasbride.wordpress.com. I'm a mother to a 6 month old baby boy, a published author (working on my 2nd book!), and I am a HUGE cosmetics and nail polish fanatic!

Today, I decided to share a cute and simple manicure for Spring or even festive enough for Easter! Pastel Skittles! :)

Lavender - Sally Hansen Lacey Lilac
The formula to this Xtreme Wear is a little runny, but if you place just the right amount on your brush, you won't flood your cuticles. I used 3 coats to get the bottle color. I topped it off with some Seche Vite.

Baby Pink - OPI Pink FridayThis is my all-time favorite OPI. I think I was on pins and needles UNTIL its arrival - it's from the Nicki Minaj Collection that came out January 2012. It is definitely a color I wear the most. It's a little tricky, but if you are careful, you can apply it smoothly. I always am praising the OPI brushes because they are perfect for applying in one stroke, which means it will dry faster! This was also 3 coats!

Peach - Julep HaydenI love this Julep - one of my favorites by them. The formula is in the middle - not too runny and not too thick. It's definitely a 3 coater. Isn't that a lovely peach?

Mint - Revlon MintedI love mint colors this Spring, and I bought this to be my base color for Revlon Whimsical, but to be honest, it's quite lovely alone! It has wonderful formula like most Revlon's do. A creamy buttery goodness that is not tough to apply. The brush is thin, but if you apply it correctly, you will get a smooth finish! This was 3 coats.

Pastel Yellow - China Glaze Lemon Fizz
I literally looked high and low for this one. I searched and searched for THE perfect pastel yellow, and I found it in Lemon Fizz. I think Julep Blake would be a perfect dupe, but I have yet to try it (even though, I do own it). The formula is thick on this China Glaze, so you have to make sure you take the excess polish off the brush before you apply or you will get a thick coat, which is bound to smear, and you really don't want that! So, remember, thin coats and 3 of them! :)

So, if you know me, I'm always trying to add some glitter or sparkle to any manicure. So, I decided to try Hits Hefesto (a holographic top coat). I used 3 coats of Hits Hefesto and then layered it AGAIN with Seche Vite's top coat. I think it jazzed it up, for sure! What do you think?


What manicure are you planning for Spring/Easter?

1 comment: