Monday 23 April 2012

Swatch: Models Own - Edamame, Naked Shimmer & Peaches & Cream

Hi ladies, you may have seen I did a post on Models Own new Spring/Summer collection 'Freshen Up' (seen here) a couple days ago. Well today I'm here to show you three of the five polishes from the collection. This will be a longer, pic heavy post so I won't ramble aimlessly in the intro, lets get straight into it!

Label Shot - The polish is mislabelled with an 'N'
Indoors, Natural Lighting
Indoors, Natural Lighting

First from the 'Freshen Up' collection we have Edamame described as 'a fresh, shimmering green'. I'd personally describe it as more of a pastel, lime green (if that's possible) with hints of silver shimmer. I was a little disappointed with this polish, mainly because the shimmer is so subtle on the nail it's barely visible and also because it's one of those polishes that can make you look as though you have 'lobster hands'. Other than that it applied well, a little streaky with the first two coats, but evened out nicely with the third.
Note: I have noticed that the bottle is labelled as 'Endamame' but is spelt 'Edamame' on the Models Own website. Apparently, this is the case with most Edamame bottles.



Label Shot
Indoors, Overcast sunlight

Indoors, Natural Light

Next up I have Naked Shimmer which is described as 'A glistening gold-tinted stark beige'. Naked Shimmer to me has the same problem as Edamame, there's a gorgeous golden shimmer in the bottle, but doesn't translate well at all onto the nail resulting in Naked Shimmer being an almost exact dupe for Nude Beige, another Models Own polish. The only difference between these two polishes on the nail is that Naked Shimmer has a slightly pinker undertone, I will do a comparison post for you as soon as the weather cheers up! The application, again, was streaky in the first two coats but evened out with the third.

Label Shot.
Indoors, Natural Lighting
Indoors, Natural Lighting

Last but not least, I have Peaches & Cream described as 'a light sherbet peach'. This is probably my favourite out of the three polishes and I'm not that much of an orange fan, mainly because it doesn't compliment my skintone, but I actually think this compliments it well. Peaches & Cream is a vibrant, orange-toned peach which applied well with two coats. Again, Peaches & Cream is very similar to Fuzzy Peach - another Models Own polish (swatch comparison coming soon).

I will, at some point, be picking up the remaining two polishes from the 'Freshen Up' as well as their Summer releases to show you, so keep your eyes peeled for those! What do you think to Edamame, Naked Shimmer & Peaches & Cream? Does one shade in particular stand out to you? Let me know in the comments!

Models Own nail polishes are available to buy at www.modelsownit.com for £5 each. Models Own also has an offer where if you buy 3 of their polishes you save £3 or if you buy 5 polish you save £7!


8 comments:

  1. Love! Great swatches. AND I really like that nude color, bummer it's so much like the other. (Yay for a comparison).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Edamame! :D However they want to spell it. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peaches & Cream looks like a perfect summer color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great spring colors! I really like that green. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in to greens right now so Endamame is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Same with you! Peach and Cream is my fave among the three!! Edamame come second though :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I love all three of these! Thanks for swatching!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hummmm I seriouly need those pastels!!!*need*

    ReplyDelete