Monday 31 December 2012

New Year...New Blog



2012 had it's ups and downs for me in terms of blogging - some months I blogged frequently and others, not so much. A lot of the time it was due to being unmotivated and uninspired and sometimes it was because I felt as though my photos weren't up to par. However, this year I plan to change all of that - I have set myself a schedule which I'm going to do my best to stick to, along with ideas for posts I could do to add dimension and content to my blog.

My schedule: I plan to post every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I also plan on setting a running theme for those days, but since I will be starting a challenge on Wednesday, those themes are yet to be determined.

Since this is the start of something new, I thought I would include some goals I hope to achieve by the end of 2013....


  • Reach 4,000 GFC followers and 3,500 Likes on Facebook.
  • Have published at least 300 blog posts.
  • Interact more with my readers on all social media platforms.
  • Become more active on social media networks, especially Tumblr & Twitter
  • Improve the quality of my photos and find a lighting set up I am comfortable with.
  • Learn how to best use both of my cameras.
  • Start doing tutorials and improve my line work in Nail Art.
  • Do more 'Favourites' posts, as well as 'Bargain Buys' and Comparisons.
  • Master Water marbling and Tape Manis.
  • Use the majority, if not all, of my Untrieds.
  • Be more creative with both Stamping and Nail Art
  • Be more adventurous with Colour Combinations.
  • Improve Blog content
  • Improve my Macro shots, both on the Nail and in the Bottle.

So there you have my goals for 2013 and also a little snippet of information about what to expect from Polished Criminails this upcoming year. I hope you'll all stick around and join me on my little adventure! 
See you soon for the first instalment of the ABC challenge!!

10 comments:

  1. I'm right there with you girly. Great goal setting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, can't wait for 2013 now! I might need to take a cue from you when it comes to my blog goals for 2013

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go ahead, I just thought it would be something to look back upon at the end of the year and see how far I came and how I've improved or still need to improve.

      Delete
  3. I fully support your goals! Great to have a plan))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...awesome goals says the inadequate blogger (me) lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you set goals for yourself! I share several of those goals with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list! Hopefully by this time next year we can be talking about how many things we accomplished from our goals!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. well done - they are awesome goals. We got your back xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy new year, look forward to reading. Love your blog. It is one of my favorites..

    ReplyDelete