Saturday 2 June 2012

Nail Art: Lovely Jub-ilee

Hi ladies! As some of you may be aware, this weekend in the UK will be filled with celebrations as the Queen celebrates 60 years on the throne, otherwise known as the Diamond Jubilee. In order to commemorate such an event, a group of bloggers and I have come together again (as we did in the Holo-day post) for an 'All Things British' collaboration. The theme for the post was to ONLY use UK brands to either create some Nail Art or just general one colour nails. Now since last time I sort of flaked out on the amazing Nail Art that could have been done with my holos, I decided to go all out this time around! Being British, this was an easy post for me to do since I have access to every UK brand there is, not to mention I felt a little Patriotic doing so too. So without further ado, let's have a look at my little creation shall we?




These took me forever and a day to complete, which surprised me, as I usually give up or get bored after a while. The outcome isn't quite what I wanted it to be, mainly because I had made the white diagonal lines a little too thin to add a red line through the middle, but hey! I still think it looks good! I even patted myself on the back after finishing them! LAME. I can do a little tutorial post on this if some of you would like to see how I achieved this semi-decent mani. Just let me know in the comments and I will see what I can do!

 The polishes I used for this mani were;


GOSH: Lambada (Red) - Yes, I later realised that GOSH is actually a Danish brand, but it was too late to change it now. But you can get them in UK drugstores, so that counts, right?!
Models Own: Snow White (White)
BarryM: Cobalt Blue (Blue)


If you're in the UK, what are you doing this weekend to celebrate the Jubilee? I'm going to a street party Saturday and also having a family BBQ on Monday! If you're not in the UK, what are your plans for this weekend? I'd love to hear them! In the meantime, remember to check out the other ladies Jubilee nails!




27 comments:

  1. Love it!!!! I love everything British. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I didn't realize that this weekend was the big celebrations, so that's exciting :) Even though we don't celebrate here in the US, I'm hoping maybe some of our stores may stock some of the limited edition polishes in celebration of the Jubilee! One can hope :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a FANTASTIC job! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your crazy if you think that is just OK. LOL. I think it is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love this! Amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it. Amazing detail!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it, I feel like having a cup o tea with milk and sugar!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks lovely. You've don't a wonderful job! Have a lovely long weekend and particularly enjoy your street party - sounds very British!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks lovely. You've don't a wonderful job! Have a lovely long weekend and particularly enjoy your street party - sounds very British!:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving the Union Jack! You did an amazing job with the art!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great job on the Union Jacks! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks SUPER GOOD!! And personally - I really love the way it turned and I'm not missing any red over the diagonal lines!
    hehehe you can pet yourself again! You did EXCELLENT!!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. umm... I meant pat of course...
      talking about lame LOL

      Delete
  13. WOW!! I am totally agree with all of you..
    Thank you for post..

    Garden Centre Chester Le Street

    ReplyDelete
  14. I should be illegal how great this mani is!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm in love!!! You did really great Raych!!!! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. So amazing Rachel!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks ladies! It really means a lot! <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. Please please please do a tutorial on this!! I would LOVE to try this mani on one of my friends who is obsessed with all things British.

    ReplyDelete
  19. These look amazing! I could never keep my hands steady enough to do this. And the colours seriously pop!

    Unfortunately my weekend plans have all revolved around being icky with flu. Hope you're having a much better time! ;)

    ReplyDelete