Monday 29 July 2013

piCture pOlish Blog Fest 2013: Year Of The Blogger

Hi ladies! It's been a while, I know. I'm actually taking a break from blogging right now mainly because my nails aren't in too good-a-shape at the moment after spending the last 5 months learning how to do acrylics & gels with countless applications to my nails, so they're feeling a little weak and unloved but for now I have a special one off post for you. A while back piCture pOlish advertised for new bloggers to take part in their blog fest for this year, having missed out on the opportunities in the past, I thought that now was as good a time as any to put myself forward. I'd actually forgotten about it until I got the e-mail saying I'd been chosen, needless to say I got a little excited.

However, unlike previous years, this year is a little different, instead of the chosen bloggers receiving a couple of the new collaboration shades to debut, we were given the task to 'create your most amazing nail art manicure ever' using the 3 unknown shades being provided to us by piCture pOlish. Since we didn't know the polishes we were to be using until they arrived, pre-planning a manicure was exceptionally hard, even more so because I am in no-way creatively inclined.

When my piCture pOlish arrived, I pondered over the possible nail art ideas for DAYS until I finally settled on my 'final piece' which was inspired by this negative space manicure I saw on Chelsea's Get Nailed. We were told when creating the manicure, that we could use any accessories/stamping/Black & White paint to help aid us, but the 3 piCture pOlish shades provided must shine through and not be overshadowed so baring all that in mind, I created this;




As you can see from the top photo, I was sent Hot Lips, Jade and Violet Femme which are all gorgeous on their own, but together? They just compliment each other so well. It wasn't until after I had finished the manicure, I realised I needed to make a tutorial, so I've quickly re-created the process of my ring finger using The Nail Trainer.


In hindsight, had I known the direction I wanted to go with this mani, I would have skipped step 6 and added the studs straight away, following the same pattern as they would have been enough to cover the connecting lines. I'm absolutely in LOVE with this mani, just the way the three colours all compliment each other perfectly and how vibrant they all are.


If you love this mani as much as I do, I need your help! piCture pOlish are going to be running a competition their Pinterest between all the bloggers participating in Blog Fest this year where all nail art creations go into the running to be chosen to create a collaboration shade with piCture pOlish launched in 2014! How exciting!!! VOTING IS NOW OPEN HERE FOR 24 HRS ONLY
However, there are only 3 awards that will be voted and chosen as follows via our special Pinterest Blog Fest 2013 board:

  • 1 x Award - as voted by PP friends and fan - THAT'S YOU LADIES!
  • 1 x Award - as voted by all participants of Blog Fest 2013
  • 1 x Award - as voted by Jules & Megs of piCture pOlish

I'm super excited and anxious to see who else is participating in Blog Fest 2013 and find out what other amazing Nail Art creations have been entered!

To make sure you don't miss out on the announcement to vote, make sure you add all of piCture pOlish social media networks; Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram & YouTube

Also, if you'd like a bottle of Jade, Hot Lips or Violet Femme of your own, piCture pOlish can be purchased directly from picturepolish.com.au, who ship Worldwide, or alternatively you can purchase through their international network. If you're making an order directly from piCture pOlish with 4 polishes or more, check out their Everyday Deals page for the opportunity to get 1 or 2 FREE shades with your order!

17 comments:

  1. love the colors ! and you've matched them perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh I'm obsessed....so phenomenal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome !! i love the cut-out shape !

    ReplyDelete
  4. you got fab colors and really nailed it with them, this is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really cool, I love the studs! Your colors look perfect together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so stunning! P.s I know exactly how your poor little nails are feeling with all the acrylic and gel learning! Lol i always made sure I had people come in to practice on :D Give those babies a rest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one of my favourite manicures I've seen on the Blog Fest :) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well for not being very creatively inclined these nails are AWESOME! Seriously stunning! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. When this happens you no longer have to wait in those never-ending queues of people. You are free to straightaway call us at our toll-free UC Browser customer support number. Our phone lines are open all throughout the day 24×7 all days of the week.

    UC Browser Customer-Support

    ReplyDelete
  10. satta king play bazaar
    play bazaar satta king However, it is important to think of the marketing as an investment in and of itself. If done the right way, it will only benefit you in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  11. satta king

    satta king There are many triggers that can cause eczema and it's important to find what bothers you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Last day someone tried to know more about Satta King, What exactly SattaKing? Satta King is commonly known as Satta, play bazaar
    play bazaar Most of the people know Satta is a gambling and this is true.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wedding Invitation Video Maker | E Invites
    Free Indian Invitation Cards & Video Maker | Online Invitations
    Wedding Invitation Video Maker Online


    Wedding Invitations Templates & Designs
    Free Wedding invitation in no time
    Online Indian WhatsApp Wedding Video Invitations Wedding Invitation Video

    ReplyDelete