Thursday 28 February 2013

Swatch: Invogue - Feathers Collection!

Hi ladies! I have a new brand to show you today that will be hitting larger Superdrug stores over the next few weeks. A Sister brand to Eye Candy London, Invogue is an 'on trend', purse friendly alternative for the younger, budget conscious consumers.


When I first saw these on the Press Release, I immediately thought Nails Inc and I wasn't wrong. Although I have only seen the Nails Inc polishes through swatches online, Invogue has completely nailed their polishes for a third of the price. At £3.49 each, you're able to purchase all 4 Invogue Feather Effect polishes for just £1.96 more than it would cost for just one Nails Inc polish! Which is completely worth it if you're wanting the polish and not the brand name.
Formula wise I has no issues with the consistency in each polish, it was light enough to hold enough glitter to cover the entire nail with just one coat. I found the easiest way to apply the 'feathers' was to alternate between dapping and dragging the polish onto the nail, going in various directions for an evenly distributed coverage. They all seemed to be dry to the touch within 3/4 minutes, but I would recommend using a PVA base coat or using the Tin-Foil method for an easy removal if you plan on wearing this as a full manicure.



Jaye Bird is a mixture of Blue and White matte Bar glitter in a clear base, you can see the Nails Inc version Cornwall, swatched by The PolishAHolichere. Although Jen chose to layer hers over a darker colour than mine, you can see that the polish itself is identical. Out of all 4 polishes, this was the only one that needed an extra coat due to there not being as many 'feathers' on the brush. I layered 2 coats of Jaye Bird over China Glaze - Tart-y For The Party.



On The Money is a bright, neon Blue and Yellow matte bar glitter in a clear base. This is probably my favourite of the 4, I especially love it over this base colour. I layered one coat of On The Money over OPI - OPI...Eurso Euro. Again, you can see the identical Nails Inc version Brighton here.



Parakeet is a pastel Blue, Yellow and Orange matte bar glitter in a clear base it's twin being Nails Inc - Edinburgh. I layered one coat of Parakeet over China Glaze - Keep Calm, Paint On. Looking back now I wish I had layered this over a darker base.



Sunset is a Peach and White matte bar glitter in a clear base, this again is an exact dupe of Nails Inc - York, which can be seen here. I layered 1 coat of Sunset over OPI - Skull & Glossbones.

Invogue Nail Polish is made using a Salon tried & tested formula that is free of Toluene, Formaldehyde, Camphor and DBP and will be available for purchase in selected, larger Superdrug stores from mid-March. You will be able to purchase the Feather Effects for yourself for just £3.49 each for 10ml of product, as well as various other effects such as Concrete & Suede for the same price mark. Also available will be Hi-Res glitters, Cremes, Liquid Metals and more for just £2.99 each! I will have more of those to show you shortly.

To keep up with the latest from Invogue/Eye Candy you can follow them on Facebook and Twitter. Do you see yourself purchasing any of these Feather Effects polishes when they're released?! Let me know in the comments which is your favourite!


9 comments:

  1. I'm digging Jaye Bird! Can't wait for the Hi-Res glitters and Liquid Metals :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I wasn't interested enough to pay Nails Inc prices, but I would definitely try these out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so NEED these, to me they look like exact dupes of Nails Inc, and all 4 for the price of 1 Nails Inc...er....no brainer! Right I'm off to get some! Thanks for sharing you're a gem!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damm, saw this too late.
    Already bought one of the Nail Inc ones.
    But might try out a couple of these ones too!
    Thanks for sharing though.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love and want all of them! Is there a website you can buy invogue nail polish from online? Im also in the US, I can't seem to find these anywhere! Or maybe anyone willing to ship them to me? Please let me know! email me ressadennis@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful, i like this style. i'm in love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. While an entire home and land can be overwhelming, try narrowing your efforts to one room at a time. play bazaar satta king

    ReplyDelete