Wednesday 6 February 2013

Swatch Spam: OPI

Hi ladies! As you may know, I'm addicted to Nail Polish and because of that addiction and the fact I can't help but purchase multiple new polishes every month, a lot of those I already have become lost in the abyss that is my Helmer resulting in me having hundreds of untried polishes....bad I know. So I thought it was about time I started getting those polishes swatched and out into the daylight, at least once in a blue moon and have decided to start going 'Swatch Spam' posts. Every couple weeks, or even more regularly depending on my motivation level' I will swatch a load of polishes from various brands I own and feature them as part of the swatch spam. This week we have some OPI polishes to show you! I could feature these in their own individual posts, but as I only post 3 times a week, it would take me forever to get through them and they'd just keep piling up.
So, lets take a look at a selection of OPI polishes! Since this is a HUGE post, I took the liberty of adding a jump link, just to minimise loading time for those visiting my page.






Grape...Set...Match comes from the Serena Williams Glam Slam collection and is a Purple base with Blurple iridescent flakes. Although it's not fully visible in my photos, Grape...Set...Match is a duo chrome that shifts from a Purple to Blue. I applied 3 coats without a top coat for the photos.



Yoga-ta Get This Blue comes from the India collection and is a deep Navy Blue with a Marine Blue shimmer. This polish was the first OPI I'd ever bought and actually reviewed it a LONG time ago here but as you can see, my photos were HORRENDOUS. How did I ever think that those were acceptable? You wouldn't even believe that I took the photos using the SAME camera....Anyway, this is 2 coats of Yoga-ta Get This Blue without a top coat.



Thanks A Windmillion comes from the Holland collection and is a smokey Jade Green creme. I applied 3 coats of Thanks A Windmillion without a top coat. 



Wooden Shoe Like To Know? is part of the Holland collection also and is a Chocolate Brown infused with Golden shimmer. I wasn't able to capture the shimmer as well as I hoped, but you can see it more in the bottle than on the nail. I applied 3 coats of Wooden Shoe Like To Know? without a top coat.



My Private Jet has been re-made so many times I've lost count at how many variations there is of this polish, or which one I even have. I believe the one I have is the most recent release and what is known as the 'Yuck Brown' version. Why it's known as that, I have no idea because I think it's gorgeous. It's literally like looking into Space. I applied 3 coats of My Private Jet without a top coat.



In A Flirtationship was released as part of an Ulta exclusive collection, but is basically a re-named bottle of Excuse Moi! from the Muppets collection. In A Flirtationship is a mixture of multicoloured and Silver hex glitter in a Berry Red jelly base. I applied 3 coats of In A Flirtationship over a PVA glue base without a top coat.



Talk About An Upgrade is again part of the Ulta Exclusive collection, this is a re-named bottle of Planks A Lot from The Pirates Of The Caribbean: Stranger Tides collection. Talk About An Upgrade is a medium toned, dusty Purple creme. I applied 3 coats for the photos above, but you could easily get away with applying 2 coats.



Unfor-Greta-Bly Blue comes from the Germany collection and is a metallic Blue with the most subtle of Silver shimmer. I applied 2 coats of Unfor-Greta-Bly Blue without a top coat.



Passport And A Smile is yet another re-released Ulta Exclusive like Talk About An Upgrade, Passport And A Smile was originally released as Sparrow Me The Drama from the same collection. Passport And A Smile is a dusty Rose Pink creme. I applied 3 coats without a top coat.



Lincoln Park At Midnight (not to be confused with Lincoln Park After Dark) is a dark, almost frosty Purple with Silver shimmer. I believe this polish wasn't a part of the same collection as Lincoln Park After Dark, nor is it part of OPI's permanent line, but it does disappear and reappear throughout the year. I applied 2 coats of Lincoln Park At Midnight without a top coat.




Finally we have Nothin' Mousie 'Bout It released as part of the Minnie Mouse collection along with 3 other Pink/Red shades. Nothin' Mousie 'Bout It is Pink, Orange and Blue glass flecks and Heart glitter in a very sheer Pink jelly base. If patience isn't your strong suit, then this polish is not for you. I spent around 10 minutes trying to fish out the glitter for each photo. I did find if you hold the bottle upside down and roll it between your hands for about a minute, the hearts are more likely to attach to the brush but you still need to manipulate them once on the nail. The photos above are 1 coat of Nothin' Mousie 'Bout It over Talk About An Upgrade, Passport And A Smile and Thanks A Windmillion.


So there you have my first ever 'swatch spam' post. I've got many more of these to come, so keep an eye out for those. Which of the polishes above do you like the most? For me it has to be Yoga-ta Get This Blue, I can't believe I've only worn this polish twice (once when I first swatched it and now). I definitely need to get this out more often.
I'll be back on Friday with some Cirque swatches!

6 comments:

  1. I love My Private Jet. I hope they will release it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love swatch spam posts! It's a great way to share older polishes. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to more posts like these :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow such a nice post! Looking forward to more of these :D

    Oh and now I need to add "Grape Set Match" to my wishlist! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you are charging products within your home, use smart green ideas to conserve energy by unplugging these devices when you are done.satta king

    ReplyDelete