Wednesday 11 July 2012

Swatch: OPI - The Amazing Spiderman Collection

Hi ladies! I received my swap package from Nicel @ Operation: Nail It! this morning, inside it contained The Amazing Spiderman Collection by OPI as well as the final two OPI Suedes I needed to finish my collection, which she kindly allowed me to ship to her address from Aveyou. Throughout the course of our swap, I must have changed my mind a million and one times, but finally settled on this collection, minus the shatter; I'm REALLY not a fan of the crackle craze. You may remember I did a preview of this collection a while back, so for more information about the collection and the inspiration behind it, click here. So, let's get into the swatches, shall we?!

The Amazing Spiderman Collection
CLICK THE JUMP FOR SWATCHES!!!



Indoors, Natural Light
My Boyfriend Scales Walls is an almost White, Grey creme. I had no issues with the formula of My Boyfriend Scales Walls, which is unusual for 'White' polishes, they're usually a bit on the gloopy side. The photo above is 3 coats without a Base/Top coat.

Indoors, Natural Light
 Your Web Or Mine? is an almost metallic, Dusky Rose with subtle Silver shimmer. I found the formula on Your Web Or Mine? to be a little too thin/runny for my liking, but nothing that was too difficult to work with. I used 3 coats without a Base/Top coat for the photos above.

Indoors, Natural Light
 Call Me Gwen-ever is what I would call a 'Pumpkin' Orange creme. My camera had a little trouble capturing the true colour of this polish, but I tried to get the most colour accurate photo I could. Call Me Gwen-ever was a little on the thicker side of things, but was almost opaque in one coat. I did add two to even out the first application. Again, the photos are without a Base/Top Coat.

Indoors, Natural Light
 Into The Night is a deep, metallic Blue with subtle Blue & Silver shimmer. As with most metallic/frosty shades, the brush lines were slightly visible, but not as strong as I have seen with some other metallic shades. I used 3 coats of Into The Night without a Base/Top coat for the photos above.

Indoors, Natural Light
 Just Spotted The Lizard is a Green, Gold & Blue Duochrome. This was probably one of the most anticipated polishes from the collection, being dubbed as the Chanel - Peridot dupe. As I'm sure many of you are aware, since then almost every brand has released something similar, from the higher end of the price scale to the lower end of the spectrum, with only minor differences between each. So no matter what your price limit, there's a Peridot dupe out there for you! I used 3 coats of Just Spotted The Lizard without a Base/Top coat.

Indoors, Natural Light
Number One Nemesis is a Graphite Grey base packed with Gold, Silver & Green particles. Again, this was dubbed the Chanel - Graphite dupe of the collection. It's also the exact dupe for eye CANDY - What A Steal (here) which I will do a comparison post on soon! I used 3 coats of Number One Nemesis without a Base/Top coat for the photos above.


So there you have my two cents on The Amazing Spiderman Collection by OPI. I'd like to thank Nicel, once again for sending me some beautiful polishes, which I otherwise would have spent a small fortune on. What's your favourite from the collection? I would have to say mine is Into The Night, there's just something about the way it glows, stunning. 
I hope you enjoyed the post, and I plan to be back again very shortly! No more long haitus'!! Until next time....

4 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous swatches! I have to say that Into the Night is just amazing at dusk--my husband never says much about my polish insanity and he literally stopped in a crosswalk to look at them closer. I may have to get a second bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! I love your swatches :D My favorite is My Boyfriend scales walls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just received the mini set from this collection and I could not be more excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing! I agree about the shatter...I was done with it when it 1st came out in the 90's. : )

      Delete