Wednesday 18 July 2012

Swatch: Catrice - Dirty Berry

Hi ladies! I have a Catrice polish to show you today, which I recently received along side my Purple Professional polishes in my swap with Rosa! I've been wanting to try Catrice for the longest time, but since it's only available in 'main land' Europe and hasn't managed to work its way over to the UK yet, I wasn't easily able to get my hands on them! Luckily, I have some awesome friends in the polish community who were happy to help me out, thanks Karine & Rosa, and now I have my own little Catrice collection.
To kick off the launch of Catrice on my blog, I thought I would show you one of the prettiest from my collection, Dirty Berry. Dirty Berry is a muted, dusty Purple with scattered Holographic particles. Although the holo in Dirty Berry is not as apparent as some other scattered holos, it's still absolutely gorgeous. I had no issues with the formula and it applied well with only minimal streaking on the first coat, which evened out with the second. The photos below are 3 coats of Dirty Berry without a base/top coat.

Label Shot

Indoors, Natural Light

Natural Light

Direct Sunlight

Catrice retail for roughly €3 each and are available in certain parts of Europe, to find a store near you click here to be taken to their 'find a store' page. Also be sure to check out their Facebook & Twitter to keep up with the latest news and releases!! What are your thoughts on Dirty Berry and Catrice polishes in general? Are you a huge fan or have you not tried them? Let me know!

14 comments:

  1. What a pretty polish! I wish we has Catrice in the United States. If we did, I'm sure I'd have a ton of them! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! If I had access to them here in the UK, I think I would have a pretty huge Catrice collection, same with Essence too!

      Delete
  2. Dirty Berry is really nice! There is no Catrice in Sweden either :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sucks! I thought Sweden would be one of the main countries to have it! I'm hoping I can find some lurking in Belgium when I go at the end of the month!

      Delete
  3. I have this polish for quite some time and it was my first holo polish. It's gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colour! I was lucky to get 2 Catrice in a swap (Browno Mars & King of Greens), wish they were more easily available for us Brits I have a tonne I want to get lol
    http://news.instyle.com/photo-gallery/?postgallery=119157#2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! You'd have thought that they would have expanded atleast to the UK by now! I'm going to Belguim at the end of the month, so I'm hoping I can score a load of them whilst I'm there!

      Delete
  5. this is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see why this colour is so popular! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you have just reminded me why I adore this colour... will have to get it out of the stash for another airing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one of my all time favorite nail polish colors! If not the #1 :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you're going to Belgium you may find Catrice at Kruidvat (a chain retailer from the Netherlands but there are some stores in Belgium). Best of luck! ;)

    ReplyDelete