Wednesday 1 May 2013

May'd In Britain; An Intro


Hi ladies! Someone mentioned that I should show more UK brands on my blog and I have to agree. Being a British Blogger and a Nail Polish junkie, I know how frustrating it is when you see a gorgeous swatch on another blog but then find out the polish/brand is only available in the US/Europe etc. I've been lucky enough to have made international friends that I'm able to trade with for my wanted and otherwise unattainable polishes.
So, I've decided to dedicate a whole month to British Brands. I originally planned to do solely British brands but have since decided to not be brand specific and instead include any brand that's easily accessible to us Brits. By that I mean brands that you can find in your local Superdrug/Boots/Supermarkets or various UK based websites. Basically anything you don't have to sell a kidney to pay for shipping expenses or have to wait a million years for it to arrive at your doorstep. I'm also going to keep them all under the value of £10, just because I very rarely spend over £10 on a nail polish. If I do ever want to get a hold of a 'higher end' brand like Illamasqua/OPI etc, I tend to have a look around eBay since they're usually a lot cheaper on there, even when they're being shipped from overseas.
The layout of these posts will differ throughout the month, some will have multiple swatches where as others may only have 1 or 2. I'm going to try and feature as many brands as I can get my hands on without bankrupting myself and be sure to include as much information in each post about that particular brand such as where to buy, prices, whether or not they're 3-free etc.
I'm aiming at showing 3 brands a week, possibly more if I have the materials/time to get them swatched. If you have any requests for a certain brand/polish, let me know in the comments and I will try my best to get those for you!
Apologies for the SUPER long, wordy post and no pictures! The real postings will start on Friday!!!

Until then....

2 comments:

  1. Some Leighton Denny would be nice... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. play bazaar satta king
    play bazaar satta king Will you finance the property or pay cash? Learn about interest rates. Do you plan on renting prior to selling?

    ReplyDelete