Monday 6 May 2013

May'd In Britain: W7

Hi ladies! I hope you're all enjoying the beautiful sunshine on this Bank Holiday Weekend! Today I thought I would show you a brand that I hadn't really 'collected' until recently, W7. I've had the occasional W7 polishes way back when, but I never really used them and always ended up giving them to my cousin, with the exception of the Black, of course. W7 polishes are a bit of a hit and miss in my book, some of them have a really good formula and apply well where as others seem to be the complete opposite, I've noticed that the darker colours generally apply better than the lighter colours. As a 'cheap' brand on the block and not quite a drugstore brand, W7 usually gets overlooked when it comes to Nail Polish but with the exception of some polishes I've tried from them, W7 could quite easily rival some of the more 'known' drugstore brands.
After looking around the Internet, I can't seem to find any solid information about this brand, but from my knowledge W7 Nail Polishes are NOT 3-free. I could be wrong about this, but there is a strong smell that suggests otherwise. If you know for definite whether W7 are 3-free, let me know in the comments!




Below are a selection of swatches from the W7 Nail Polishes I own all purchase information will be available at the bottom of the page.



Spearmint* is a Mint Green creme. I've got an obsession with Mint Green at the moment and this colour just fits in completely with that obsession. The formulation of the polish was a little runny and I did find it to be a bit sheer on the first couple coats but they gradually evened out. I used 3 coats of Spearmint for the swatches without a top coat.



Space Dust* is a sheer but buildable Teal jelly base with Golden Green and Aqua glitter. This polish can be worn alone or layered on top of another polish, depending on your preference. For the purpose of the photos I decided to wear mine alone. This is 3 coats of Space Dust without a top coat.



Envy is a Blue base with a Green/Blue duochrome shimmer. I absolutely LOVE the look of this polish and it's another one of those polishes that you can layer or wear alone. This is 3 coats of Envy alone without a top coat.



Twilight is a deep Purple base with a Blue/Purple duochrome glass fleck. There's even a slight Green hint in there too. This is probably my favourite polish out of the lot. It's so pretty! This is 2 coats of Twilight without a top coat.



Space Debris is a Pink jelly base with Red undertones and holographic glitter. Like Space Dust, this can be layered over a similar colour or be built up to be worn alone. I chose to wear alone and needed 3 coats for opacity.



Moonlight is a mixture of Purple, Blue, Green, Pink, Gold and Silver glitter in a clear base. The glitter in this polish is pretty dense so you could probably build this up for full coverage either over a colour or alone. I chose to layer one coat of Moonlight over W7 - Black without a top coat.

Purchase Information

W7 is more widely available on line, however you can probably find them on the beauty stall at your local market as well as pound land and those beauty shops that sell cheap make-up. I've listed two websites I have personally purchased W7 polishes from, but if you type into Google you'll find a load more hits.


  • Nail Polish Direct - Priced at £1.95 each. Free standard delivery with no minimum spend.
  • Fragrance Direct - A small selection of colours available priced at £1.50 each. 2nd Class Delivery at £1.99 or standard delivery at £2.99

Products in this post marked with an (*) have kindly been gifted to me by Nail Polish Direct.

10 comments:

  1. Just checked the ingredients one of my W7s and the first ingredient is toluene - so definitely not 3-free!

    I love the look of Space Dust :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Duh! Why didn't I think to check the bottle?! Thanks for confirming!

      Delete
  2. Spearmint looks like For Audrey. Where did you buy them from? Love Moonlight too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love W7, I can never find any of the more interesting ones around but I've a couple of polish mules who get them to me ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nail Polish Direct have a large selection of W7 polishes, and they have free shipping!

      Delete
  4. Twilight is gorgeous! W7 is kind of hard to get where I live, guess I'll have to go on a hunt soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post unfortunately nail polish direct have put all their prices up so the polishes are now £2.95, 50% more expensive. Looks like fragrance direct will be getting a lot of business. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post unfortunately nail polish direct have put all their prices up so the polishes are now £2.95, 50% more expensive. Looks like fragrance direct will be getting a lot of business. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Watch out for fixer-uppers. It may be wiser to look for properties that simply need minor renovations.Satta king Satta Bazaar
    satta king satta bazaar

    ReplyDelete