Tuesday 28 May 2013

May'd In Britain: MUA

Hi ladies! It's time for another May'd In Britain post, this time featuring Make Up Academy or MUA for short. Since it's launch in 2010 MUA has acquired a gathering of followers due to it's budget friendly make-up line, the majority of which is priced at just £1 each! I must admit I have only tried 1 or 2 polishes of theirs in the past, but I do have a variety of their make up and are overall impressed with the quality of it. So for May'd In Britain I decided to pick up a couple of their new range, which are housed in what only can be described as mini Essie bottles which work great for seeing the colour when stored, as their old Black square caps were the same size as the bottle so it was impossible to see which colour you were looking for without having to pull them out.
I didn't have too many issues with the formula or application, I did find a couple of them to be a bit streaky on the first few coats but they're otherwise really pigmented and dry to a high-shine finish. From what I can tell, the MUA range are just creme shades, but hopefully in time they will expand the line to include some shimmers/glitters. The MUA Nail Polishes shown below are also all 3-free!


As always, purchase information can be found at the bottom of the page, so let's take a look at the swatches!



Bold Blue is a bright Sky Blue creme. I love colours like this, they just look so fresh and perfect for Spring/Summer. You'll have to excuse my greasy looking fingers, I'd just applied some cuticle oil! This is 3 coats of Bold Blue without a top coat.



Moody Mink is a medium Taupe creme. Very reminiscent to China Glaze - Below Deck, a favourite of mine. This is 3 coats of Moody Mink without a top coat.



Plum Noir is a medium toned Plum with Redy Pink undertones. This was the most opaque of the bunch, only needing 2 coats.

Purchase Information

Below is a list of places you can find MUA;

  • MUA Official Website - These specific polishes retail for just £1 each. UK Standard delivery is charged at £2.95 for unders under £25 and is free when you spend £25 or more.
  • Superdrug - both in store and online. Priced at £1 each. UK Standard delivery is charged at £3 (currently free shipping until Midnight tonight) or free when spending £25 or more.

6 comments:

  1. These colours are gorgeous i'm definitely going to be paying a visit to superdrug soon! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I much prefer the new bottles to the old ones - the brush seems to be better as well. I picked up Pistachio Ice Cream with the old bottle and it had a rubbish brush so I might get another bottle since I got Mud Pie with the new ones and it's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I'm waiting on an MUA order including some polish but I got so excited when I was ordering that I haven't a clue what I picked, I hope I got that blue!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can consider a strip mall or business complex, giving you many different opportunities for increasing your investment properties.
    satta king play bazaar

    ReplyDelete
  5. The main time to apply a moisturizer is right after you take a bath. You should use moisturizers that are chemical and fragrance or chemicals. satta king

    satta king

    ReplyDelete