Friday 7 June 2013

Swatch Spam: ILNP

Hi ladies! It's been a while since I posted some swatches, or even posted at all! I've really been unmotivated in the swatching/writing department lately, so when inspiration hits, or should I say motivation, I grab it by the horns. Since the sun is shining today, I thought I would share the new ILNP holo's I bought recently, along with some of their glitter toppers for good measure!
So let's talk formula and application; The holo's were amazing in both areas, they glided on without any issues of patching/smudging and dried fairly quick too. They're super pigmented and show the holo effect a bit more than seen in the photos. I thought I'd take photos of them both inside the light box and outside in the sunshine so you're able to see the full effect.
As for the glitters; I always seem to have a bit of trouble applying them. I find that the base is slightly thicker than some of the indies I've tried and because of this struggle to get the 'perfect' application. But a little perseverance and patience (and a thick coat of top coat) does make a difference.


Nevertheless, I'm in love with the ILNP brand, just the colour combinations Barbra, the creator behind the brand, comes up with are truly gorgeous. Not to mention the packaging, they're the cutest most high-end looking indie polishes I have ever come across and their customer service is second to none. All purchase information and social media links will be at the bottom of the post!

So for now, let's enjoy the swatches!






My Cat Suit is a Black scattered holo. I'm always a sucker for Black holo's, there's just something about them I love. As you can see from the photos, the holo effect is still slightly visible when inside of the light box which gives the polish that 'out of space' feel to it. I applied 2 coats of My Cat Suit without a top coat.





Monterey Bay is a darkened Teal scattered holo. This was one of the polishes I was most excited about when I first browsed the website. I love dark colours, love Teal and love holos, so it ticked all the boxes for me and it didn't disappoint on the nail either! I applied 3 coats of Monterey Bay without a top coat.





Raspberry Beret is a super bright Raspberry Pink scattered holo. This polish is just so pigmented and eye catching in every possible way. Definitely a Summer ready shade! I applied 2 coats of Raspberry Beret without a top coat.





Fully Turqued is a mixture of various shaped and sized Black & White glitter with accents of silky Turquoise squares and shards in a clear base. This was one of the easier polishes to apply out of the ones below, I did have to do a little bit of glitter placement, but that's to be excepted with most larger glitters. I applied 1 coat of Fully Turqued over Essence - Movie Star and smoothed it over with a coat of Eye Candy London (ECL) Gel Wrap Top Coat*.




She Surfs is a combination of Aqua shards and hexagonal glitter with added Pink glitter squares in a clear base. This was the hardest out of all the polishes to apply. The base just seemed to be a tad too thick, but unfortunately I didn't have my thinner handy! Due to the thickness of the base, there's some slight bubbling on the nail, but this is unnoticeable from a distance. I applied 1 coat of She Surfs over Essence - Absolutely Blue and smoothed it over with ECL Gel Top Coat*.




So Ghoul is a mixture of different shades and sized metallic Grey glitters complete with accents of Black, Yellow and Purple glitter. Out of all the polishes seen here (with the exception of the holos) this was the easiest to apply. I did need to fish for some of the Yellow glitter, but otherwise everything went smooth. This is 2 coats of So Ghoul over China Glaze - Dandy Lyin' Around and smoothed over with ECL Gel Top coat*.




Sugar Blossom is a combination of metallic Teal, Periwinkle, Fuchsia and silky Light Pink glitter in various shapes and sizes in a clear base. Isn't this just the cutest glitter polish ever? I love the colour combination of Pastels and Brights. I layered 1 coat of Sugar Blossom over China Glaze - Light As Air and smoothed it out with a thick coat of ECL Gel Wrap TC*.




The Deep Sea is a mixture of metallic Aqua and Blue holographic hexagonal glitters with added Teal shards in a Blue jelly base. I'm sure this polish can be built up and worn alone for more depth and dimension, but for the purpose of this post I decided to layer 1 coat of The Deep Sea over China Glaze - For Audrey and smoothed it out with ECL Gel TC*.

ILNP polishes can be purchased directly from their website or Etsy store and retail for $10 each. If you want to give the brand a try without committing to a full sized bottle, ILNP are now doing Ultra-mini's for just $3.75 for 3ml of product - enough for 1 or 2 manicures! All ILNP polishes are 3-free which means they do not contain Toluene, Formaldehyde or Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP) and each bottle of nail polish includes a stainless steel ball for easier mixing, a rubberised cap for better gripping, and a wide brush for easier application.
To keep up with the latest happenings from ILNP (including the launch of 20 new shades including 6 Ultra holos and 5 creme shades) be sure to follow them on Facebook!


*Products in this post have been provided to me by Eye Candy London for my honest opinion and review. All ILNP products featured in this post were purchased with my own money.

6 comments:

  1. I just fell in love with She Surfs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My cat suit and monterey bay reminds me of galaxy nails and Sugar blossom looks awesome. This one looks like a good collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Thank you so much for the awesome review! Your swatches are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful swatches! Love, love LOVe ILNP!

    ReplyDelete
  5. be scared to give them a lower offer because they may just give you that money off.play bazaar satta king


    satta king play bazaar

    ReplyDelete
  6. Therefore, remember what you have learned and start managing your eczema now.play bazaar

    play bazaar

    ReplyDelete