Wednesday 8 February 2012

52 Week Challenge: Half Moon

Okay, so I'm 3 days late again posting this! But I ALWAYS forget or re-do the mani 6 different times before I even want to show anyone. This was one of the later times, I think this is attempt number 4? Even now I'm still not happy with it, but if I redid it, I'll never get around to posting this thing.
It's safe to say, half moon mani's are definitely not my cup of tea, there's just something about them that makes me dislike the look. For the 'half moon' I used Ciaté - My Fair Lady and used Essie - Licorice for the rest of the nail. I then used an Art Deco striper pen in white for the lines. I didn't really like how basic this looked, so I took some white pearls from one of my many wheels, and dotted those across the connecting line. I was happy to leave it there, but I wanted to attempt to draw on some roses (EPIC FAIL). For those I used OPI - 20 Candles On My Cake mixed with BarryM - Strawberry Ice Cream. I then used my white striper to draw on some 'definition' and topped it off with China Glaze - Starboard for the leaves.
Like I said, I wish this mani turned out a lot better than it did, but practise makes perfect, right!? Unless another challenge asks, I'll probably never attempt to do this mani again. What do you think? Like or Loathe?

6 comments:

  1. loooooooooooove =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. loooove it! i must learn how to paint those roses on my nails

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is gorgeous! stripes and roses always go together :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. *hihih*
    Me likezs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it! I can totally tell those are roses so I don't think it's a fail. I like the stripes background, kind of a Victorian feel :) the pearls look pretty but they would drive me totally insane! I would be picking at them by the end of the day. I think it's cute and haven't seen anything else like it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job! (:

    ReplyDelete