Monday 3 October 2011

Nail Trends: Autumn 2011 - Gun Grey & Grey Day

First up in my Autumn Nail Trends are Models Own; Gun Grey & Grey Day. Models Own are a UK brand that are readily available to buy in Boots Stores across the UK and also online at www.modelsownit.com (they ship internationally too!). Their nail varnishes are priced at £5/$8/€6 each or £8/$12/€9 for their Pro range.
Gun Grey is a very dark slate grey colour (it almost even looks black) with a metallic silvery shimmer running through it. Like most dark colours, it's very pigmented and you can get away with only applying one generous coat.
  • Application: 8/10
  • Pigmentation: 9/10
  • Coats: 1/2
Grey Day is a sort of concrete grey colour, in certain light is almost looks like the clouds in the sky (hence the reason for the name, I guess?) The first time I used this colour I found it to be quite thick and it applied a bit like butter. However, after using it a few times, I've gotten to know the amount I need for full, perfect coverage.
  • Application: 7/10
  • Pigmentation: 8/10
  • Coats: 1/2

Do you have these polishes? If so let me know in the comments below what your thoughts on them are!

Ciao for now x


No comments:

Post a Comment