Thursday 6 October 2011

Nail Trends: Autumn 2011 - Mod Mauve & Smoky Brown

Today's Autumn Nail Trends are brought to you by E.L.F's Mod Mauve and Smoky Brown. E.L.F or eyeslipsface are an online company in Europe and the US. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I THINK you can buy ELF in certain stores in the US? Their essentials line are priced at £1.50/$1 and their studio line from £3.50/$3. They offer high quality make-up at really affordable prices. And I love them!.
Mod Mauve is a gorgeous neutral plum shade with a brownish undertone. I've found that it does apply streaky with the first coat, but that evens out with a second. I did also notice that the colour isn't the same as it is in the bottle, which is a tad disappointing, but for £1.50 you can't really complain.
  • Application: 5/10
  • Pigmentation: 6/10
  • Coats: 2/3
Smoky Brown is a deep taupe brown shade with a slightly greyish undertone. When I first got this I thought it was going to be a dupe for Below Deck, from seeing the swatch on the website. It isn't in the slightest. This is another streaky polish, but again a second coat takes care of that.
  • Application: 5/10
  • Pigmentation: 6/10
  • Coats 2/3


No comments:

Post a Comment