Sunday 9 October 2011

Nail Trends: Autumn 2011 - Buff Pink & My Fair Lady

Today's Autumn Nail Trend is Buff Pink by Models Own and My Fair lady by Ciaté. Both of these are very sheer, nude colours, which again I think are perfect for Autumn. They're colours which you can wear without looking like you're wearing polish at all.
My fair lady is a creamy nude shade with a very subtle hint of pink that helps it to look natural and not washed out like some nude polishes have the tendency to do. I found the consistency to be really runny and the drying time isn't fast at all. I managed to smudge after almost 10 minutes drying time.
  • Application: 5/10
  • Pigmentation: 5/10
  • Coats: 3/4
Buff Pink is a very sheer nude baby pink. I bought this with the hopes it would apply the colour in the bottle, however this wasn't the case. It's extremely sheer, I needed at least 5/6 coats to come close to the colour in the bottle. As you can see from the swatch, I used 3 coats and it still looks like nothing is there. I was extremely disappointed with this colour, due to the sheerness of it. However, I do think this is more for french manicures than for a solid nail colour, so that may have been my mistake.
  • Application: 6/10
  • Pigmentation: 2/10
  • Coats: 5/6

I do have a shortage of Nude shades, so if you have any you'd highly recommend, leave me a comment below with the brand & Shade name!



No comments:

Post a Comment