Friday 7 October 2011

Nail Trends: Autumn 2011 - Peacock Green & Slate Green

Todays Nail Trend is brought to you by Models Own. Models Own is a UK brand mainly based online at www.modelsownit.com or various online stores, such as River Island, Motel Rocks etc. It can also be found in local boots stores all over the country. They retail for £5 each, but they have a 3 for £12 or 5 for £18 offers on their website.
The colours I have chosen are Peacock Green and Slate Green. Both of which I think are good for the Autumn months, as they're not pastels and they're not brights. Perfecto.
Peacock Green is a gorgeous bluey greeny shimmer polish with tiny flecks of green/gold running throughout. I absolutely love this colour, I fell in love with it the second I saw it. It does need 3 coats to get full opacity, but you won't be disappointed!
  • Application: 7/10
  • Pigmentation: 6/10
  • Coats: 3
Slate Green is a greyed out green polish with a blueish undertone. The swatch here makes it look like a turqouise blue, but I assure you it isn't. I found the formula to this polish a little bit runny, but not so bad that it's impossible to work with. It does apply quite sheer so you need a couple coats just to bring it out more.
  • Application: 6/10
  • Pigmentation: 7/10
  • Coats: 2/3

What are your thoughts on these colours? Do you own them, or are you simply lusting after them? Let me know in the comments below :)!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment