Friday 26 April 2013

Swatch: BarryM Confetti Nail Effects

Hi ladies! Yesterday I posted the Press Release for BarryM's Summer Releases and mentioned I had 3 of the Confetti Nail Effects already. I wanted to wait until I had the whole set before posting, but you guys said you wanted to see some swatches straight away, so here they are!
I'm sure when you saw the release for these, you thought 'oh, another version of the polishes Nails Inc/Invogue have already done' although you would be semi-right, BarryM have 2 possibly 3 colour combinations I haven't seen before from either brands, I'll talk more about those shortly. All of the Confetti Nail Effects come in the classic BarryM bottle, complete with a White cap and a Silver holographic Zebra-esque pattern. 
As with the majority of BarryM Nail Paints I've tried, the formula was perfect, not too thick but enough to hold a decent amount of glitter on the brush. I found the best way to apply the 'Confetti' was to do an initial dip into the bottle then dot and drag around the nail. I also found if there wasn't enough glitter to cover the nail, but enough not to have to dip the brush back into the bottle was to just run the brush inside the neck of the bottle and collect the glitter stuck to the side. This way there's no unwanted lumpy, thick bits on the nail! These do dry to a slightly gritty finish, so if you're not into that, I suggest adding a Top Coat for a smoother finish.


Swatches after the break!





Dolly Mixture is a combination of Pastel Blue, Peach, Yellow and White matte bar glitter in a clear base. Dolly Mixture is identical to Parakeet by Invogue and Edinburgh from Nails Inc, so if you already own one of those, you don't really need Dolly Mixture too. I applied 1 coat of Dolly Mixture over BarryM - Lychee without a Top coat.



Liquorice is a mixture of Black and White matte bar glitter in a clear base. I haven't seen this particular colour combination from a brand yet, so kudos on that Mr. M! I applied 1 coat of Liquorice over BarryM - Prickly Pear without a Top coat.



Marshmallow is a Pastel Pink and White matte bar glitter in a clear base and really does remind me of Marshmallows! I haven't seen this combination yet either, I've seen similar such as Sunset by Invogue and York from Nails Inc, but both of those used an Orange glitter, instead of Pink. I applied 1 coat of Marshmallow over BarryM - Pomegranate

There you have 3 out of 5 of the Confetti Effect Nail Paints! The others in this collection are Sour Apple (which looks like a dupe for On The Money/Brighton) and Bubblegum (which by the look of the Press Release, and that I'm hoping, is a Bright Blue/White. However, I'm thinking it could be another dupe for Jaye Bird/Cornwall).
Unfortunately, the Confetti Nail Effects won't be available for purchase until the beginning of June along with the new Gelly Nail Paints! Which I know is a long long way away, and I apologise for being such a Nail Tease but in the mean time, you have the brand new Sequin Nail Effects to ease the pain!

Make sure you don't miss out on the official launch by following BarryM on Facebook & Twitter!


16 comments:

  1. Thank you for the swatches, they look great! And the review is very insightful! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen! Total fan girl moment, I love your blog! <3

      Delete
  2. These look a lot nicer than the Nails Inc ones, I really like Liquorice and Marshmallow! Great swatches :)

    Jesss xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. June :( that's SOOOOO far away!!!
    can't wait that long - they look lovely

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need Marshmallow! Lovely polishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! Lovely swatches and photos, but I just don't like that look at all, they make me feel itchy! Sorry Barry M!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, the first one is my favorite. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm, i'm not so sure on these, not sure why but the long bits just don't look right to me - such a shame!
    Thank you for doing the swatches though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh - I love the black and white one! I've got a couple of the Nails Inc Feathers and I really like the effect - I need to look out for these when they release :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. As if they're little hairs! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh god yes, that's what it is! They're like bad stubble!

      Delete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I generally don't like Bar Glitters all that much but I don't mind the matte combo in Dolly Mixture. Not keen on the others. But doesn't it makes you want to pet your nails? :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. satta king
    satta king
    play bazaar satta kingU.S. Savings Bonds are a conservative investment that you can purchase easily. You can buy EE and I bonds at www.treasurydirect.gov.

    ReplyDelete