Sunday 28 April 2013

Swatch Spam: Sation

Hi ladies! As always, my postings have been a little sparse over the past couple of weeks. Life has been stressful over the past month or two and because of that I've had no motivation to swatch/blog. I can't promise that I'll be on fighting form anytime soon, but I am going to try and make time for my blog and re-discover why I starting blogging in the first place; because I love Nail Polish and sharing my passion with you all.
So to say I'm sorry I have a little swatch spam post for you featuring some Sation polishes. I first heard of Sation through Let Them Have Polish and The PolishAholic but as everything seems to go, they are only available in the US. After months of asking on Twitter/Facebook if anyone has easy access to these and would be willing to mule some overseas for me, I was contacted by the lovely Ameerah from Valiantly Varnished saying she had seen them in her Beauty Supply store for reasonably cheap and offered to get as many from my wish list as possible with the budget I gave her. A couple weeks later, I had 9 gorgeous new Sation polishes in my hands. I know there's only 8 in the post, I seem to have misplaced one of the polishes whilst cleaning/organising my Helmers*sad face*. Enough of my ramblings, let's take a look at the swatches.



As usual with Swatch Spams, this post has quite a few photos, so I have added in a Jump break!




Suede Shoes is a gorgeous frosty Royal Blue with Silver shimmer. I loved the application of this polish, in fact all of the Sation polishes I found applied extremely well. It went on like butter and was opaque in 2 coats.



Jock Juggler is a gorgeous Sky Blue with a subtle Silver shimmer. This was a difficult one to capture, it's a lot more vibrant in person than it's coming across on camera, it's not quite a neon but it's also not really a pastel shade. It's like a love child of the two. Again, the formula was impeccable and I only needed 2 coats for full opacity.



Tardy Tart is a bright, vibrant purple creme which almost boarders on neon. When I saw this on Let Them Have Polish, I knew this needed to be in my collection it was love at first sight. The photo above is 3 coats of Tardy Tart without a top coat.



Miss Emo-Shun All is a bright neon indigo that dries to a semi matte finish. Although it's not one of the extremely bright, in your face neons when on the nail, I'd still personally say it's a neon just because when in the bottle it literally does jump out at you. I was pleasantly surprised with how easy this applied too. I applied 3 coats of Miss Emo-Shun-All without a top coat.



Hot 4 Teacher is an in-your-face hot Pink neon that dries to a rubbery finish. This really is a head turner! I applied 3 coats of Hot 4 Teacher without a top coat.



Band Beauty is packed with various sized and shaped metallic glitter in an array of colours, there's some Gold, Blue, Green, Purple, Red. I applied 1 coat of Band Beauty over Catrice - The Dark Knight without a top coat.



Prettiest Player is predominantly Fuchsia and Silver glitter with added Blue, Pink and Holographic larger hexagonal glitter suspended in a clear base. I really liked the application on this polish, there was no fishing required for the larger hexagonal glitters! I applied 1 coat of Prettiest Player over Tardy Tart without a top coat.



Most Hue-Nique is a mixture of small Iridescent glitter, large Turquoise and Purple glitter with a sprinkling of Turquoise bar glitter all in a light Blue tinted base. I did need to fish a little to get the larger glitters and needed to manipulate them onto the nail but other than that I had no other issues. I applied 1 coat of Most Hue-Nique over Jock Juggler.

I really do LOVE these polishes! If anyone is able to get these near them for a reasonable price and would like to do a mini swap or custom purchase them for me, let me know! I need more in my life!

4 comments:

  1. Tardy Tart is so amazing!

    I recently took a blogging hiatus just because I started to lose my drive for it. It took about a month but I am back and better than ever! Taking a break from blogging is ok... you don't want to force it and have something you love and enjoy become work instead. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. play bazaar satta king


    satta king play bazaar
    play bazaar satta king What do you want during your time on this planet? Once you know what you are trying to achieve, you will be more serious about your investment strategy.

    ReplyDelete