Sunday 7 April 2013

Swatch Spam: Sinful Colors

Hi ladies! Sorry I've been a little sparse with my postings lately, I've got a good amount of swatches stored on my computer but not enough time to write the posts! Since I have a little bit of free time tonight, I thought I'd better get a few posts done, but we'll see how well that turns out due to the fact I've re-discovered my love for The Sims 3...whoops.
Anyway, I thought I would share with you my Sinful Colors stash, I did have a lot more than this at one point, but a lot of them were sold/put into grab bags. I have since bought some more Sinful Colors polishes from BOOTS! That's right UK girls, Sinful Colors are now available in Boots stores and on line! More about that at the end of the post!
Since there's a lot of photos, I took the liberty of adding in a jump break!




Cinderella is a baby Blue jelly base with Pink/Orange glass flecks. This time last year (I think) Cinderella took the Nail Polish world by storm, everyone wanted to get their hands on a bottle. A lot of it had to do with the fact it was the perfect base colour for Revlon - Whimsical. As gorgeous as Cinderella is, it's SO sheer. Even after 3 thick coats, the Nail line is still slightly visible in the photos. 



Mint Apple is a Sea foam Green with a Golden Green shimmer. I had some slight patching issues with Mint Apple on the first couple of coats. It did seem to even out with the application of the third coat. The photo above is 3 coats of Mint Apple without a base/top coat.



Open Seas is a pale Jade Green creme. In the bottle, Open Seas looks like a slightly paler, no shimmer version of Mint Apple. I thought Open Seas was going to be more on the sheer side of things, but to my surprise, I only needed 2 coats for full opacity.



Leap Flog is a dusty Forest Green with Grey undertones. I, like many others, thought the name of this polish was Leap Frog for the longest time, until I held the bottle in my hand and saw it wasn't. Surely it's a mis-type? I mean Leap Flog just doesn't make sense to me, if someone knows why it is called this, please let me know! I found this polish to be on the thin side, but I still only needed 2 coats for full opacity.



Rainstorm is a dusty Blue creme with Grey undertones. It's like the Blue version of Leap Flog! This polish has the best formula of all the Sinful Colors I've tried and was ALMOST opaque in one coat! I applied 2 coats without a base/top coat for the photos above.



See You Soon is a Blackened Blue base with a Purple/Blue duo chrome shimmer. This is another polish that I found the formula to be quite thin, I also experienced quite a lot of patching on the first coat. This is 2 coats of See You Soon without a base/top coat.



Nail Junkie is a sheer Teal jelly base packed with Iridescent glitters. I actually reviewed this polish a looong time ago, here, but since I was swatching my collection and my photography 'skills' have gotten better since my previous swatch, I would do it again. This is 1 coat of Nail Junkie over Open Seas without a base/top coat.



Green Ocean is a combination of Green/Blue duo chrome glitter and flakes in a sheer Green base. My bottle has become SUPER thick so I had a little trouble with the application and I think that shows a little in the photos too. I applied 1 (really thick) coat of Green Ocean over Leap Flog without a base/top coat.



Frenzy is a mixture of Fuchsia and Aqua glitter in a clear base. This polish has SO many dupes, Models Own - Disco Mix being one of them. I applied 2 coats of Frenzy over Rainstorm. 


Sinful Colors are now available in the UK! Now I know some of you have found random Sinful Colors polishes in Poundlands across the nation, but what you may not know is that Boots are now officially carrying the line! They retail at £1.99 a bottle and are currently on the 3 for 2 offer! You can purchase them on line here or if you don't want to pay the shipping fee, click here to see if they're stocked in a store near you!

15 comments:

  1. I LOVE cinderella, i bought 3 the other day and I was so pleased with them all 3 only needed 2 coats

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so gorgeous!! I love Sinful Colors! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great swatches! Green Ocean is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh they are all lovely. And there's a big Boots near work. I may have to get a couple of these tomorrow.

    N

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get lucky! I know for a fact (if memory serves) they had Cinderella, Nail Junkie and See You Soon in my Boots, not sure about the others though!

      Delete
  5. See You Soon looks very similar to Jessica Casablanca and OPI Unripened. How close they really are?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have either of those so I can't do a comparison! :(

      Delete
  6. So super pretty! I need to dig my Nail Junkie back out and play with it now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cinderella and Nail Junkie are soooo pretty <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those glittery ones are AMAZING

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am SO excited for Sinful Colors being in Boots! I should have stocked up on them when I wa sin AMerica, but my obsession wasn't as strong then and I've been searching for a way to get them over here ever since! Hurray for Boots! they sell Essie, Orly AND Sinful Colors - I'm so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just picked up my first Sinful Colors polish tonight (Cinderella)!! Now after reading your post I def will have to pick up See You Soon and possibly Mint Apple!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do confess I don't know much about American brands so when I saw a load of these in my nearest boots, I thought they were the 'cheap and not very good brand for children' (I am sorry) but now if they are good I'll be getting them!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a term that is often associated with a "basket of stocks." However, understand that it also very much applies to different types of investments.play bazaar satta king

    ReplyDelete