Tuesday 16 April 2013

Swatch: W7 - Suede Effects

Hi ladies! As you'll all be aware, effects/textured polishes are 'the happening' in the Nail Polish world at the moment. W7 being the latest in jumping on the bandwagon and bringing out a Suede collection, consisting of 6 vibrant shades. When I saw these on line, here, for just £1.95 I knew I wanted to try them out.

Before I get into the swatches, I wanted to just comment on the wear of these polishes. I painted my nails with Mauve a couple hours before I went to bed on Thursday night, I woke up Friday morning with HUGE chunks of polish missing from a couple of my fingers. Now, I can't say this for definite, but I'm pretty sure I actually just sleep when I go to bed and not run around the country fighting crime in some dream-like state, so to wake up in the morning with multiple chips, baffles me. Of course, wearing a top coat makes the whole Suede texture void, but if you're actually wanting to wear one of these polishes for more than a couple of hours, I recommend it. Needless to say I'm a little disappointed with them especially since the OPI suedes, although not super long lasting, did manage to make it through the night unharmed. Now that you've all been warned, lets get into the swatches! Since there are a few pictures in this post, I took the liberty of adding a jump break.







Silver Suede is probably the most disappointing for me, it just doesn't seem to have as much depth compared to the others in this collection, it also looks exactly the same when adding a top coat (which you will see later on in the post). I applied 2 coats of Silver Suede for full opacity.



Golden Suede is a burnt Tan with hints of Copper/Red/Silver shimmers. This polish is just NOT my colour. It just looks like rust to me. I applied 2 coats of Golden Suede for full opacity.



Night Suede is a charcoal grey with a Silvery Gold shimmer. This is my favourite out of the collection when a top coat is applied, again you'll see that at the end of the post, it just takes on a life of it's own! Wow. I applied 2 coats for full opacity.



Aqua Suede (You've got to give it to W7 for their creative names, right?) is a gorgeous bright Aqua Blue with a slightly darker Blue and Silver shimmer. I applied 2 coats of Aqua Suede for full opacity.



Mauve Suede I'd say is just your average Purple than Mauve. This is also the disappearing night polish I was telling you about earlier...Bad polish! I applied 2 coats for full opacity.



Pink Suede is a vibrant Pink with a darker Pink and Silver shimmer. I applied 2 coats for full opacity.

Of course, this post wouldn't be complete without seeing them with a Top coat! I applied 1 coat of Eye Candy London Gel Wrap Top Coat (which I'm giving away here







As I mentioned earlier in the post, W7 polishes can be found on line here for £1.95 each. If you're living in the UK, W7 have also been known to have been found on local Market stalls, discounted make-up stores, B&M and even in Pound land! Which is your favourite from the collection? Has their lack of wear put you off purchasing them or will you be wearing them with a top coat?

11 comments:

  1. I had exactly the same issue with wear, mine also chipped while I slept!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had same issue as you and Lyndsay, mine was Mauve, I have swatched but not worn aqua yet

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look wonderful! great swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look amazing, but the chipping is pretty lame :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. The aqua and pink are so pretty! *o*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the black and grey, i think they'd look lovely in a gradient :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look lovely, great choice of shades for that effect too!

    http://www.rafflesbizarre.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really, really like Night Suede & Aqua Suede. Fair play to W7 for bringing out some budget ones!

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovin aqua and night suede. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. satta king
    satta king put all of your money into one single venture. By diversifying, you are lowering the risk of losing all of your money.

    ReplyDelete