Tuesday 17 April 2012

Swatch: Deborah Lippmann - Lady Sings The Blues

Hi ladies! Yesterday I showed you Essie - Midnight Tango and said I had an amazing layering combo to show you, well here it is! This is actually my joint second Deborah Lippmann polish (the other one being Wicked Game) which I recently got from my recent Apothica order. Lady Sings The Blues is a really deep, dark blackened blue with large hexagonal and smaller glitter particles of silver and blue. As of this moment, I don't have anything in my collection like this so I'm definitely happy I picked it up. The swatches are 2 coats of Lady Sings The Blues over Midnight Tango. I didn't have too much trouble with the application, everything went on smoothly and there was even a fair amount of glitter dispersion, which can sometimes be a problem with some other glitter polishes I have used.

Label Shot
Indoors, No Flash
Indoors, No Flash

And of course I had to see what it was like matted. Here it is with a coat of E.L.F Matte Finisher Top Coat.

Indoor, No Flash
Indoor, No Flash
Mini Macro!

LOVE this matted! If you didn't already know, my camera is horrendous for taking Macro shots. So I ended up just taking a portion from one of the photos, apologies for how small it is! Deborah Lippmann is available to buy in the UK from House of Fraser and Beautybay for between £14 and £18 each for 15ml of product. If you're in the States you can purchase Deborah Lippmann directly from their website as well as Apothica for between $16 and $18 each.
What are your thoughts on Deborah Lippmann polishes? Do you think they're worth the money or overpriced? Let me know in the comments!

11 comments:

  1. I LOVE this matted!! Brings more depth to the polish I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous on you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love with with matte top coat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely an awesome glitter, but I'm going to have to vote on overpriced. lol That's why I love the internet, because I'll never see this in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't tried any DL polish but I think they are far too dear! This polish looks great on you. I think matte really adds a unique look to this polish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This polish is so so gorgeous, I love it every time I see it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg I love it so much! You have no idea! *droooools*

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE DL polishes. I have almost 50! And I love matted glitter, such a great look!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I'd love this one. Have ATU but always loved the deep blues in this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry I'm so late - catching up on posts. Gorgeous color and mattified is even better!

    ReplyDelete