Thursday 5 April 2012

Swatch: Spoiled - Ants In My Pants

Hi ladies, back again with another new brand for you. As far as I know, Spoiled is only available in the US and is a branch out from Wet N Wild. Before I start, I want to mention the brushes on these polishes...they are a nightmare to work with! They're slanted on one side and ridiculously thick, it's almost like it's been cut down. I didn't take a picture of it, as it completely slipped my mind, but here is a photo from a post by Vampy Varnish which shows how misshapen they really are;

Image courtesy of www.vampyvarnish.com

Ridiculous right?! I only have 5 Spoiled polishes currently, but they all appear to be the same way. It's a good job they do pretty glitters otherwise there would be hell to pay! Ants In My Pants is one of the polishes I received from Marisa in our recent swap, it's a sheer black jelly base packed with a mixture of red, large hexagonal and small circular glitters. Due to the brush being such a giant PITA, I didn't even want to attempt to swatch it on it's own, so I layered one coat over Essie - Licorice.

Bottle Shot
Natural Lighting
Indoors with Flash
Direct Sunlight

I then wanted to see what it looked like matted, so I used one coat of ELF - Matte Finisher Top Coat.

Natural Lighting
Again in Natural Lighting
Direct Sunlight

Overall, I hate everything about the polish, except for the colour! That being said, I would still be open to trying more of the brand and actually have a couple more coming in a swap soon. As far as I know Spoiled retails for $1.99 and is available at CVS, I might be wrong about this? If so, correct me in the comments so I can change it! What are your opinions on Spoiled polishes, are you like me and love the polish, but hate everything else? Or do you just straight up hate it?

9 comments:

  1. Wow it looks gorgeous with the matte top coat! Pity it's such a PITA as it's a stunning glitter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried any of mine yet, but everyone complains about the brushes. This looks amazing on you though!! Love it. Oh, and you're right. $1.99 at CVS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Passion - I can forgive it for being a PITA though because it's so pretty! haha

    @Marisa - Hopefully if people complain enough about the brushes they will do something about it! Thanks so much for getting them for me though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have like 5 but I haven't used any yet, and now I'm not looking forward to it since the brushes are wonky. Boo. But that mani is rockin! Kinda vampy but edgy and oh so chic. LOVE. I'm going to have to do it. I cant decide if I like it more matte or regular - they're both freaking awesome. OK enough gushing... =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a nice combo *.* Remembers me true blood hahaha and the photo of Vampy Varnish is cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah that's why we all have to learn to check our brushes before we buy :(
    I opened a bunch of bottles and there were a few that weren't bad, but not in the colors I wanted..even so, I think the colors are almost worth the pain!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd live with the stupid brush because I really like the glitter. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Spoiled brushes are just crappy, and the polishes themselves are thick as molasses. But I couldn't resist the GLITTER!!! I had to buy all the glittery polishes I could find at my CVS. I love Ants in My Pants, but it is a major pain in the booty to apply. You have to tap the polish on rather than using normal brush strokes. It's weird but such a lovely color.

    ReplyDelete