Friday 8 March 2013

NOTD: Stamped Gradient

Hi ladies! This is a bit of a different post today, I never usually post Nail Art posts outside of a challenge, but since I'm completely out of fresh swatches, I thought I would post this as a substitute. Please excuse the crap photo quality/clean up. It looked a lot better *I thought* IRL and I took these very early morning before running out the door to go to work.
I started out with a base of OPI - My Boyfriend Scales Walls to bring out the gradient colours that little bit more, then using a cut up make-up sponge, I painted a strip of OPI - Can't Find My Czechbook and OPI - You're Such A Budapest from the new Euro-Centrale collection (swatches of my picks will be coming shortly). After the gradient was dry, I knew I wanted something stamping over the top, so I went through various image plates before settling on CH-53* from the Cheeky Summer 2012 collection, which was stamped using a White polish from the Rio Nails Stamping set*. I finished off with Eye Candy Gel Wrap Top Coat* to smooth out the Gradient and protect the stamping and here is the result.




I was really pleased with the overall look of this mani, and it's only the second time I've ever done a gradient! it took a while for me to make sure the transitions were good enough, but I think I got there in the end. To give you an idea of how pleased I am with this, I did this mani on Monday night and I'm still wearing it now! Yes, that's 5 days of the same nails, which is a rarity. The best thing? There's only minor tip wear!
What do you guys think? Would you like to see more of my stamping adventures or would you rather me stick to swatching terribly.

5 comments:

  1. oh wow this looks amazing! I love the colours you chose and delicate pattern is beautiful :) would definitely love to see more of your swatching adventures! x

    peachycurves.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh please do more stamping/nail art! I love the way you stamped over the gradient. Cute mani.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out very pretty! I really like gradients!

    ReplyDelete
  4. satta king
    satta king Green energy can help you save a lot of money, if you know the right ways to use it wisely. Here are a few ways that you can use green energy today.

    ReplyDelete