Friday 1 March 2013

Swatch: My China Glaze - Hologlam Picks

Hi ladies! You'd have already seen which polishes I chose from the Hologlam collection if you've seen my end of month haul post, but if you haven't - here they are! Unfortunately for me, I didn't really 'look' at the polishes because I was so excited to see them in person and ended up buying virtually the same shades. Although they're no where near as holographic as the OMG collection was, or the Color Club Halo Hues, I still really like them. For some unknown reason, and I was talking to the guy at the China Glaze stand about this and he said the same thing, China Glaze have decided to really hike up the prices of this collection, I ended up paying almost £10 each for the polishes and that was at trade prices! I've definitely seen them cheaper around the Internet.


I didn't have any trouble with the application, the darker polishes only needed 1 coat for full opacity and 2 for the lighter shades. All polishes are a linear holo and dried within the first 5 minutes of application. When out of direct sunlight, they almost look like they're Suede polishes, which you'll be able to see for yourself below!
Unfortunately, the swatches aren't the best, I'm having so much trouble with extra skin around my nails lately, no matter how many manicures I do, how much cuticle cream/moisturiser I apply, they just won't go away. Also, as you can see I suffered a major nail break and had to cut all my nails down to almost nubs, so no matter how many polishes I apply to my nails, none of them look right to me. That aside, I hope you'll forgive me and enjoy the swatches after the jump!






Get Outta My Space is described as a 'powdered Violet' but I'd say it leans more towards a Pink-toned Lilac. The first two photos were taken inside my light box, using natural lighting (no daylight lamps) and the second two photos are taken in direct sunlight (yes the sun came out in England so I took the opportunity to swatch 12 holo polishes). This is 2 coats of Get Outta My Space without a top coat.





Astro-Hot is described as a 'soft baby Pink' which is true when in Natural light, but in Sunlight I think it looks a lot darker. I applied 2 coats of Astro-Hot for the photos without a top coat.





Infra-Red is described as a 'Warm Magenta Pink' and is probably my favourite of the ones I own, and the whole collection. It looks gorgeous when inside the light box and out in sunlight. I only needed one coat for opacity.





Sci-Fly By is described as a 'light Silver Blue'. I noticed the most indoor holo with this polish, I definitely think the Silver inside helps bring out the holographic particles more. I applied 2 coats of Sci-Fly By without a top coat.





Take A Trek is described as a 'cool denim Blue'. I applied 2 coats for the photos above without a top coat.





Strap On Your Moonboots is described as a 'midnight sky Blue' and is a close second as my favourite in the collection. When I look at this it really does remind me of Space. I applied 1 coat of Strap On Your Moonboots without a top coat.


There you have my China Glaze Hologlam picks. Which are your favourite from the ones above, or from the collection as a whole? Are you loving them or leaving them? 

7 comments:

  1. Great swatches! My fave is Strap on Your Moonboots, but I nickname it Moonboots, because that name is too darn long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so pretty and I love the interesting colors. Infra-Red if fantastic! I think I need it lol! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so pretty and I love the interesting colors. Infra-Red if fantastic! I think I need it lol! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiii!!
    Dont worry! They will grow back! The swatches look amazing! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Strap on your Moonboots and When stars collide, I've swatched both of them recently and I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your swatches. They show the holo-ness the best out of the half a dozen I have seen. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always turn off the television and lights when you are not using them. This is an easy way to save cash as well.
    play bazaar satta king

    ReplyDelete