Thursday 14 March 2013

Swatch: Headline Colors - Catwalk Collection for Spring/Summer 2013

Hi ladies! I have a semi-new UK brand to show you today. I say semi-new since Headline Colors is actually a re-brand of Killer Colours which I reviewed two of their shades here. Like Killer Colours, Headline Colors release 5 limited edition 'on trend' shades twice a year, from Spring/Summer to Autumn/Winter, each a representation of what is appearing on the catwalk at that particular time. All Headline Colors are professional formula that contains intense pigments for rich, deep colour payoff. A blend of 4 plasticisers provides the ideal 'flex' on the nail to prevent chipping, flaking or peeling and are also free of Toluene, Formaldehyde and DBP.

Before I show you the swatches, I thought I would comment on the formula as a whole. Each polish had a good consistency and applied well with little to no issues, I found that most of the polishes were streaky with the first application but evened out with the second. They all seemed to dry reasonably fast to a high shine finish without the aid of a top coat.



Since there are a lot of swatches in this post, I took the liberty of adding in a jump break.





Centerfold is a milky Caramel creme. This is the perfect Nude for my pale skin and would definitely be one of those polishes you could get away with wearing at work without being too obvious you're wearing polish. I applied 2 coats for the photos above, without a base/top coat.

Seen On;
♥ NEO-NUDE LIPS & BIKER WEAR AT ALEXANDER WANG
♥ CAMEL ACCENTS AT BALENCIAGA
♥ GLORIOUS GLAMAZONS AT BALMAIN




Glamour is a medium-toned frosty Gold. As with all frost/metallic finishes, the brush strokes were highly visible on the nail and in attempt to minimise those, I ended up making the manicure look a whole lot worse. You can also see the slight grooves on the tip of my nails, so I'd definitely recommend using a ridge filler base coat before applying this. The photos are 3 coats of Glamour without a base/top coat.

Seen On;
♥ OPULENT EMBROIDERY AT VERA WANG
♥ ELEMENTAL GOLD AT ASHISH
♥ GOLD ARMOUR AT BALENCIAGA





Spotlight is a frosty Mauve. Again these types of polishes leave terrible brush marks on the nail as well as highlight every little flaw. If you're not a fan of polishes with visible brush strokes, then I suggest you avoid this and Glamour. I used 2 coats of Spotlight without a base/top coat.

Seen On;
♥ RETRO-TECHNO AT ERDEM
♥ METALLIC SHEEN AT JONATHAN SAUNDERS
♥ SPACE-AGE CLUB WEAR AT JUNYA WATANABE





Catwalk is a bright Russian Red creme with Pink undertones. It's a little brighter in real than it appears in my photos. I applied 2 coats of Catwalk without a base/top coat.

Seen On;
♥ VIBRANT ACCENTS AT DIANE VON FURSTENBERG
♥ HYPER-FEMININE SILHOUTTES AT ALEXANDER MCQUEEN
♥ SATURATED COLORS AT CHRISTIAN DIOR




Poolside Party is a bright Cyan Blue creme. This is definitely my favourite from the collection, with Catwalk coming in second. I applied 2 coats of Poolside Party without a base/top coat.

Seen On;
♥ RIPPLING SILKS AT GUCCI
♥ TURQUOISE CRYSTAL BROWS AT CHANEL
♥ FEEL-GOOD BRIGHTS AT DOLCE & GABBANA

Headline Colors are available in the UK directly from their website priced at £9.00 each (with FREE DELIVERY) for 10ml of product. You can also follow Headline Colors on Facebook and Twitter to keep up with the latest promotions and new collections! Which are your favourites from the collection? Do you see yourself sporting a Headline Colors polish in the near future?


1 comment:

  1. Now that you have read this article, you will find investing to be a breeze. play bazaar satta king

    ReplyDelete