Monday 10 October 2011

NOTD: Hello Kitty Manicure


I've been feeling really under the weather at the moment and I wanted to do something to take my mind off of the fact I'm 'dying' (goddamn you flu!). So I took the opportunity to get creative. I got the idea from cutepolish on YouTube, and I thought, why not give it a go myself. Unfortunately, my Nail Brushes aren't here yet *BOO* so I had to make do with what I had. So here's what I used to create this manicure;
  • China Glaze: 108 Degrees on my thumb, index, middle & pinky fingers & for the polka dots
  • Models Own: Snow White on my ring finger
  • ELF - Black for polka dots & lines
  • ELF: Clear Polish
  • China Glaze: No Chip Top Coat
  • Cocktail Stick
  • Hello Kitty print out 
  • Piece of A4 paper 

How To:

Take 108 Degrees (Or a pink colour of your choice...BarryM's Pink Flamingo goes well with this too) and apply 2 coats to your thumb, index finger, middle finger and pinky finger.
Apply 3 coats of Snow White (Again, or a white colour of your choice) to your ring finger.
Once this is dry, take the white polish and paint a triangle across the tip of your pink nails.
Whilst these are drying, get your piece of paper and drop a bit of the pink and black onto the page.
Take your toothpick/dotting tool and place dots of each colour onto the white triangles.
When these are completely dry (to avoid any smudging) take another toothpick/striping brush and dip in in the black polish.
Stripe directly across the nail where the white meets the pink.
When this is done, take your hello kitty print out and cut around the outline so there are no bits of paper around the outside.
Dab a little bit of clear polish onto the middle of your ring finger and using tweezers, secure the Hello Kitty printout. Carefully pressing the sides down.
When this is done, take the toothpick/dotting tool you used for the polka dots on the other fingers and dot around the cutout.
Apply your favourite top coat, and voila! You're done.


This is the Hello Kitty print I used! Feel free to take it ^.^


Hope you enjoyed the post! ^.^


3 comments:

  1. Hi loving your manicure!

    have nominated you for an award on my blog, check it out

    http://charlies-wonderland.blogspot.com/2011/10/leibster-blog-award.html

    charlie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes me wanna fix my printer, so cute :D x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could always do it the retro way and trace it out from your computer screen! I used to do it all the time, haha. Just bluetac a bit of paper to the monitor and voila ^.^

    ReplyDelete