Wednesday 1 February 2012

52 Week Challenge: Newspaper Mani

Okay, so I am a terrible blogger. This was meant to be up on Sunday, but I completely forgot about it until now. I actually was meant to re-do this as it went horribly wrong the first time, as you can see. For one, I didn't wait until my basecoat was completely dry, and then I don't think I waited long enough for the ink to dry, so when I applied my Top Coat all the lettering smudged >.<
I've come to terms with the fact that this is probably the best I can do and that I probably won't be re-doing it to get better photos...Sorry :(
For the base I used 3 coats of Color Club - Nomadic Nude, I originally wanted to use Ciaté - Sharp Tailoring but decided against it last minute. I didn't actually have any rubbing alcohol at hand, so I actually used Vodka to transfer the writing over, it gets the job done so I can't complain! I then topped it off with China Glaze - No Chip Top Coat :).
I definitely could have done better, if I'd only have been patient enough to wait for it to dry!

Check out the other girls mani's too!

Jenna @ I'm Still Thinking
Kevan @ The Dragon Lady
Lissa @ Lissa's Nail Blog
Charlotte @ Charlottes-Nails
Nicel @ Operation: Nail It!
Caitlin @ Addicted 2 Nails
Kirsten @ Darling Nails
Liz @ Nothing But Nail Polish
Cindy @ Square Polish
Gypsy @ Gypsy's Glitter
Kaki @ Glitter Obsession

9 comments:

  1. This is wicked cool! I want to try this with comic strips! I don't want to waste vodka though :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacy Plowman-Pennock2 February 2012 at 00:16

    I like the vodka idea, then if your mani doesn't turn out you can blame it on the sauce! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. why so negative? I say the week lasts all week, and that this looks really good! At least you didn't give up like I did :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yours looks really awesome! (And bonus of using vodka...you can use some of the leftovers after in your orange juice! ;D)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! It was really cheap nasty vodka, so I didn't drink it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thankyou! Awh you shouldn't have given up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been wanting to try this for a while but I didnt know where to buy rubbing alcohol from, will definately try it with the vodka

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great one! Do you maybe have some tutorial for this?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think this looks amazing! I can never get the print to transfer when I try this.

    ReplyDelete