Thursday 14 June 2012

Swatch: Harlow & Co. polishes!

Hi ladies! I finally got around to doing some swatches *cheers* which means I am all set for a few upcoming posts! Today, I have 5 polishes to show you created by the lovely Katie from Harlow & Co.! Ever since I came across Harlow & Co. I have been lusting after these beauties but I never had the money to spend, stupid bills. However, after a successful blog sale, I had a little bit of money left over to do whatever I wanted with it. So I thought now is a good a time as any to get myself some of the polishes I have been wanting for so long. The polishes I ordered were the three glitters in Glamberry Jam, Misfits & Sparkling Waters, Katie was even kind enough to throw in a mini bottle of Blushing Bridezilla & Luke's Lightsaber, bless her heart! 

The pictures are a little hit and miss, mainly because I spent the majority of the time chasing the sun before it hid behind the clouds again. I tried my best to get them all in sunlight, but as you will see, a couple of them didn't want to co-operate. Also, please excuse the glitter fingers, I also tried to clean up as much as I could, but glitters are a complete nightmare when it comes to cleaning, hence why you never really see many glitter polishes on my blog! ANYWAY, enough of my rambling, let's get onto the swatches!

CLICK THE JUMP TO SEE MORE



Indoors, Natural Light

Natural Light
Blushing Bridezilla is a light, Rose Pink shimmer which dries to an almost metallic finish. This polish actually surprised me twice, the first being that my initial thought was that I wouldn't like it on my nails/against my skin tone - I was wrong, the second being that it's SUPER pigmented! I thought it was going to be really sheer and need a few coats to build up it's opacity, but I was wrong AGAIN. It only needed 2 coats for full opacity!! Kudos to Katie for completely stomping on my original expectations!

Indoors, Natural Light

Natural Light

Bottle Shot Macro!

Glamberry Jam is a Silver, Purple & Pink glitter bomb! This was the one I was most excited to try and it didn't let me down. I used two coats over Blushing Bridezilla in the photos above, without a top coat. I did find the polish to be a little thick, but it was nothing that I couldn't work with and it didn't leave huge glitter clumps when applying. But, as you can see from the photos (and also with the next 2 glitters) I made a HUGE mess around my cuticles/fingers. I'm still a total noob when it comes to glitter polish application *sad face*.

Indoors, Natural Light

Natural Light

Direct Sunlight
Luke's Lightsaber is a pale Blue shimmer with silver/gold flecks (the gold flecks are more apparent in person). Like Blushing Bridezilla, Luke's Lightsaber dries to an almost metallic finish. For the photos I used 2 coats of Luke's Lightsaber without a top coat, again I was surprised with how opaque the polish actually is! That girl really does know her stuff!

Indoors, Natural Light

Natural Light

Direct Sunlight

Bottle Shot Macro!
Sparkling Waters is another glitter bomb polish filled with various shades of Blue glitters mixed with larger Silver hexes topped off with some holographic glitter! Phew, that's a LOT of glitter! I know this isn't the most unique glitter out there, but it's probably one of the prettiest glitters I own, I love how Katie has included the larger Silver hex glitter which just adds a whole new dimension to the polish. I used 2 coats of Sparkling Waters over Luke's Lightsaber for the photos above, without a top coat. I found the formula of Sparkling Waters to be perfect, it wasn't as thick as Glamberry Jam, which made it a lot easier to apply evenly.

Indoors, Natural Light

Natural Light

Direct Sunlight

Bottle Shot, Macro!
Last but by no means least, we have Misfits. This glitter bomb has a mixture of charcoal Grey, Silver & Holographic glitters with a handful of slightly larger Black hexes! The photos above are 2 coats of Misfits over Models Own - Gun Grey, without a top coat. Unfortunately, I don't own Jaws yet, which would be the perfect base for Misfits, however that will be changed with my next Harlow & Co. order. Like Glamberry Jam this was on the thicker side but again, nothing too difficult to work with.



Overall I am impressed by Harlow & Co. polishes, I just wish I had picked them up sooner! If you'd like to try these out for yourself, they are available for purchase at $10 each from the Harlow & Co. website or just click here to be taken directly to their hangout! You can also purchase brands such as BarryM, Models Own, piCture pOlish, Ozotic, Girly Bits & many more directly from Harlow & Co. too! Just click their respective names to be taken to the pages.
Have you tried any Harlow & Co. polishes yet? If so which one is your favourite? Let me know in the comments!

6 comments:

  1. I think glamberry jam is so gorgeous, definitely a must have :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree with you there! I can't believe I waited so long to order it

      Delete
  2. I am LOVING Luke's Lightsaber! Thanks for all your hard work swatching these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the glitters! Great swatches =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for swatching! I haven't heard much about Harlow & Co's own polishes. Luke's Lightsaber is my fave of this bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, I think I'm in love with all of em!

    ReplyDelete