Wednesday 27 June 2012

Swatch: eye CANDY - Summer Neons

Hi ladies! I'm back with some more awesome polishes from eye CANDY. If you're from the UK you'll know that the weather has been pretty dull lately, we've had nothing but rain and dull, miserable looking clouds; definitely not SUMMER weather! Needless to say, I've been pretty miserable myself because I can't wear all the new summery clothes I bought over the last couple of months *curses at the weather* but that DOESN'T mean my nails have to be dull too, right!? So to add that little bit of cheer into my life again, out came the neon polish, since nothing says 'summer' like neon nails.

As I've mentioned in my other eye CANDY posts, I absolutely LOVE their formula, it's the perfect balance between thick and runny, which means there's no cuticle flooding, bald spots or waiting a long time for them to dry (I'm looking at you Essie! How were you still not dry after 40 MINUTES!!!???!). eye CANDY products are also very pigmented, which means you only need a couple of coats for full opacity! Before I show you the swatches, I had to alter my camrea settings and make it a lot darker, since it started to flip out on me due to the polish being so bright, so apologies for that - but it does make the photos slightly more colour accurate than if it were taken using my usual settings. All the photos below are taken without a Top/Base coat.

Label Shot

Natural Light

Direct Sunlight

Juicylicious is a bright Orange neon shade. Like all neons, Juicylicious dries to a Matte finish. I actually prefer matte finishes with neons, since the colour is so bright and in your face, to add shine to it would just be a bit too much in my opinion. I did notice that it didn't dry completely matte, when compared to others, but it was still 'dull' enough to be classed as a Matte polish. I applied 3 coats of Juicylicious for the the photos above.

Label Shot

Natural Light

Direct Sunlight
Provocative is a hot Pink, neon polish. As mentioned with Juicylicious, Provocative also dries to a slightly shiny, matte finish. I applied 2 coats of Provocative for the photos above.


eye CANDY Neon polishes are available for purchase at most large Sainsburys stores in the UK for £5 each! As of right now, Sainsburys are the sole retailers for eye CANDY polishes, but they are planning on expanding to selected retailers in the future. What are your thoughts on Provocative & Juicylicious and just neon shades in general, are you a fan or are they just not your 'cup of tea'? Let me know in the comments!

To keep up with the latest news from eye CANDY be sure to check out their website and also add them to Facebook & Twitter also be sure to check out my eye CANDY GIVEAWAY here, but hurry, it ends in the next couple of days!!


7 comments: