Saturday 16 June 2012

Swatch: Dandy Nails!

Hi ladies! I have another 'multi-swatch' post for you today with a couple of Dandy Nails polishes I own! Now if you don't know who Dandy Nails is, she's a super, super sweet blogger, turned YouTube sensation, turned polish making entrepreneur! When Sandy announced she was venturing into the polish making world, and posted a couple of 'teaser' photos in one of my Facebook groups, I knew I wanted to get some...and that's exactly what I did. As this applies for all the polishes below, I thought I would just address it here and not have to repeat myself multiple times...The formula of Dandy Nails is great, I had no issues with clumping or thickness, they all went on perfectly and the drying time was also spot on. For a 'new' indie brand, Dandy Nails has definitely nailed it already! The only way is up from here (you know you want to click that link).


CLICK THE JUMP TO SEE THE SWATCHES!




Indoors, Natural Light

Natural Light

'Direct Sunlight' (peeking through the clouds)

Bottle Shot MACRO!

Wonderwall is a mixture of White and Periwinkle matte hex glitters in a clear base. I originally wanted this polish for it's name sake, Wonderwall (by Oasis) has to be THE anthem of my childhood and a reminder of when everything seemed so easy! I remember having SO many 'school dances' which played this song, and also singing (very badly) along to it with my best friends at countless parties we went to. The inspiration behind the polish, came from the video for the song, which was shot in Black & White with the occasional flashes of Blue. If there was a polish that would best fit Wonderwall, this is it. The photo was 4 coats of Wonderwall alone, without a Top/Base Coat.

Indoors, Natural Light

Natural Light

Direct Sunlight

Bottle Shot MACRO!

Another Heart Breaks is a mixture of small Purple, Magenta & Light Pink hexes with larger Magenta hex glitters in a sheer pink-tinted base. Another Heart Breaks, is a snippet from All These Things That I've Done by The Killers, which is another one of the bands from my 'childhood' or should I say Teenage years. I practically lived on their first album, I can't even tell you the amount of times my best friend and I got in trouble for singing various The Killers songs out loud, Mr Brightside being the regular occurrence. The photos above are 3 coats of Another Heart Breaks alone, without a Base/Top coat.

Indoors, Natural Light 

Natural Light

Direct Sunlight

Bottle Shot Macro
Inside The Fire is a mixture of Red, Orange and hints of Blue glitters complete with Holographic bar glitters suspended in a sheer, Orange base. Okay, so this one, I am slightly unsure of it's origin, but as all Dandy Nails polishes are inspired my songs/lyrics, you know there's something behind it. You may notice something a little different about the label of Inside The Fire, this is because I bought this polish when Sandy first opened her shop, but have never gotten around to swatching it. She has since changed her labels, bottles and brushes. The photos above are 2 coats of Inside The Fire over Finger Paints - Cordur-Orange. I did test Inside The Fire over a variety of Orange polishes I own, but I found this combo to be the best.


So there you have my Dandy Nails collection, I do have Colorblind & Colorblind² to show you, but I will do a side by side comparison for those. In the mean time, check out my swatches of Funhouse & You Set My Soul Alight!

Dandy Nails polishes are available to buy from her Etsy store for $8 each! She is all sold out at the minute, but make sure to follow her on Facebook to keep up with her latest updates and re-stock information! Unfortunately, she currently doesn't offer international shipping outside of the US/Canada, but hopefully this will change in the future!

Have you tried any Dandy Nails polishes yet? Which ones do you own or are you currently lusting over one (or every one) in particular?

15 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! It was the first time I'd ever done a huge swatch fest with glitters, so I need a little practise when it comes to avoiding getting glitter all over my fingers!

      Delete
  2. These are AMAZING! *sigh* if only I had the money for them!


    www.muffinnails.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know your dilemma! That's my thought with 99% of the polishes I want!

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous swatches! I have Wonderwall, but not the other two. Now, I want them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty polsihes :) I especially love the Wonderwall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are indeed, Wonderwall is one of my favourites, it's like nothing I have in my collection :)

      Delete
  5. Oooh, they're all pretty but I LOVE Another Heart Breaks! And I really like Wonderwall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love wonderwall, looks gorgeous on your nails :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderwall is gorg!!! I Love it

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are AMAZING! Great pics, I'll have to try an order!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love wonderwall, looks perfect for summer days at the beach. hope she'd ship internationaly soon ;)

    ReplyDelete