Thursday 7 June 2012

Swatch: Lynnderella - Mercury's Rainbow

Hi ladies! Sorry for my lack of posting recently, the weather has been awful and I've also been feeling a little under the weather myself lately, so I haven't been able to get things done! Hopefully that will change now I'm feeling slightly better. I also start my new job next week, which will also mean a little less time for blogging. But I will try and schedule some posts when I can so I haven't completely disappeared! Anyway, enough of that lets talk about the swatch!
Mercury's Rainbow is a sheer, shimmery, charcoal grey base, with fine silver glitter, gun metal grey and holographic hexes. For some reason, I just can't seem to like this polish. Now I know Lynnderella is raved about in the polish community, but my bottle just seemed to be a giant pile of gloop. The application was awful, it either came out in clumps or with nothing at all and it seemed to take forever to dry! Has this happened to any one else? Or just mine? The photos below are 2 coats of Mercury's Rainbow over Essie - Licorice, with a Top Coat.


Indoors, Natural Light

Direct (overcast) Sunlight

Macro

Excuse the messy swatches, I had painted my nails at 4am because I couldn't sleep. On the plus side, I've finally learnt how to capture some good macro images! YAY. So you can expect to see more of those in the future! Like I said, Mercury's Rainbow just didn't wow me, I tried to love it, but I just couldn't. It has now gone to a new home, where it will hopefully get the love it deserves! What are your thoughts on Mercury's Rainbow? And just Lynnderella polishes in general? This being my first, I can't comment on the others.

10 comments:

  1. I had a really hard time with Mercury's Rainbow and actually had to request a replacement on Mercurial due to the glitter curling up before it even got to me. I wonder if it was just a bad batch. My She Lives in a Swamp was gorgeous though, so I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazeballs!!! Simply stunning..woow

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks gorgeous, like so many of Lynderella's glitters! But, I'm not that into the thrill of the hunt right now. Maybe someday I'll get caught up in the indie madness, but for now I'm content to look at gorgeous swatches like yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omgggggggzzzzzzzzzz i love it sooo much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The glitters in this are amazing, but I think I'd like them even better in a lighter polish. I just wish these pretty indies weren't so hard to come by, especially overseas.

    Hope you're feeling much better now, and good luck in your new job! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. not my best favorite from Lynnderella but always, thanks for sharing ^^

    ReplyDelete