Monday 29 October 2012

Shimmer Swatch Series: Kim

Hi ladies! I have another 'Swatch Series' for you, this time featuring various polishes from Indie brand Shimmer. Over the next couple of weeks, I will be posting various polishes from Shimmer, these won't be daily but I shall try my best to make them as frequent as possible! Shimmer Polish, created by a lovely lady named Cindy, was created earlier this year and has since been popping up on various blogs ever since. I must say, Cindy is a master of glitter combos with a mixture of shades to suit any ones preferences, she's definitely at the top of her game.
I want to show you one of my favourite polishes from Shimmer, which was created by Kim at Overall Beauty, which of course, is the reason it's called Kim.






Kim is a mixture of large and small hexagonal Purple and Blue glitters, as well as squared glitters and a small sprinkling of various sized Silver glitter for good measure. Since the polishes are so glitter packed, you'd think that they'd be a nightmare to apply, but you'd be wrong! The polish applies perfectly without any clumping or patching and even dries smooth without having to use a top coat. I layered 2 coats of Kim over BarryM - Blue Plum for the photos above, which have all been taken inside my light box, without a base or top coat.

I hope you've enjoyed the swatches of Kim and you can except more beauties to come during my Shimmer Swatch Series! In the meantime, why don't you check out my previous Shimmer post, where I featured 6 polishes during my 30 Day Challenge!

Shimmer retails at $12 for 15ml and you can even create your own custom polish for $15! You can find everything you need to know about the latest offers, releases and swatches for Shimmer polish via her Etsy, Facebook and Blog




2 comments: