Thursday 4 October 2012

Swatch: Essie - Bikini So Teeny Collection

Hi ladies! I'm back again with another 'collection' post for you. This time it's the Bikini So Teeny collection from Essie which was released as their Summer 2012 range and is described as  'a collection of bold summery shades in shimmer and high gloss finishes'. I don't know if it's just me, but I always find Essie polishes to be a bit too thin not that it affects the application too much, I just think they're a little bit runnier than the formula from other 'salon brands' such as OPI and China Glaze.
Anyway, enough of the pointless typing, I'm sure you're wanting to see some swatches! This has quite a few photos, so I have included a jump break.


MORE SWATCHES AFTER THE JUMP





Mojito Madness is a medium toned Spring Green glossy creme, this is probably one of the only greens I have that doesn't show hints of Blue or Yellow tones. I applied 2 coats for the photos above without a top/base coat.



Fear Or Desire is a glossy, Bright Pumpkin Orange creme. I applied 2 coats for the photos above, without a top or base coat.



Off The Shoulder is what I call a Bubblegum Pink glossy creme, it kinda reminds me of the Strawberry Hubba Bubba gum I used to be addicted to when I was younger. Again, I used 2 coats without a base/top coat for the photos above.



Cascade Cool is a light Pink creme with Lavender undertones. I'm not usually a fan of lighter Pinks, but for some reason, I really like this. I used 3 coats of Cascade Cool without a base/top coat.



Bikini So Teeny, the namesake of the collection, is a Pastel Blue with the most subtle Silver shimmer running throughout. It's almost impossible to see the shimmer on the nails, but is visible when in the bottle. This is 3 coats of Bikini So Teeny without a base/top coat.



All Tied Up is probably the most out of place in this collection, since the other colours are so bright and colourful. All Tied Up is a Rose Gold with a Bronze shimmer. I used 3 coats without a base/top coat for the photos above.

So there is the Bikini So Teeny collection from Essie! I think my favourite has to be either Cascade Cool or Bikini So Teeny, what about you? I got all of the polishes from a co-buy on Buyapowa for about £14 for 3 (there were two separate co-buys). Essie polishes are also available from various online retailers, such as ASOS and are now in Superdrug stores and on their website and retail anywhere between £7 and £10 each.
Do you ladies prefer seeing 'collection posts' less often or swatches of certain polishes more frequently? Let me know in the comments!

10 comments:

  1. I love Off the shoulder! You so right it does look like hubba bubba!

    Jazz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love bikini so teeny! but the other shades are also super pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Off The Shoulder looks gorgeous! I Want!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite from this collection is Bikini So Teeny, I have a soft spot in my heart for pale blues <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh I want Mojito madness now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're all lovely summer friendly shades but All Tied Up is really perfect for fall.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I should of picked up Bikini so Teeny when I had the chance. Every time I see some one using it I get jealous :oP

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh gosh I need to put mojito madness on my wish list now! Soooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are gorgeous, great swatches!!

    ReplyDelete