Wednesday 3 October 2012

Swatch: BarryM - Gelly Nail Paints (part 2)



Hi ladies! I'm back again after taking a day or two to revitalise after the 30 Day Challenge with 3 more of the BarryM Gelly Nail Paints released last month. I knew from the get go I wanted these three the most and I was going to venture into town on payday and snatch them up. Then, Mr BarryM decided to have a 20% off sale to celebrate the launch of the Gelly's on their website, so of course I knew I had to get them there and then.
As I mentioned in my previous post, BarryM Gellys are not to be confused with the squishy Jelly finish we see in some polishes, although originally that's what a lot of people thought they would be. In fact, they're supposed to be an easier way to get the 'wet look' Gel Nails give but without having to cure the polish under a UV light.  Marketed as 'One Coat, High Gloss' polishes, I must say these three do live up to that promise, depending on how heavily you apply the first coat. I generally like to do two thin coats, but to show their true potential, I did one thick coat for the photos below. I had no trouble with the formula or application of the polish, even when applying a thicker coat, everything went on smoothly and there was no pooling or flooding in the cuticles. All photos below have been taken indoors, without a top coat.



First up we have Blackberry. Blackberry is what I would describe as a deep Plum and is probably one of my favourites, it's a toss up between Pomegranate and this.



Next up we have Blue Plum. Blue Plum is a dark Blue with Green undertones. The colour of Blue Plum is more accurately pictured in the bottom photo.



And finally we have Watermelon. Watermelon is a Forest Green with hints of Blue undertones. This was probably one of the hardest to photo, just because for some bizarre reason, my camera HATES Green polishes and capturing their true colour. Again, Watermelon is more accurately pictured in the bottom photo.


Have you tried BarryM Gelly Nail Paints yet? If so which are your favourites from the collection? I'm seriously debating whether to purchase Blueberry and Blood Orange to complete my collection, although neither of them really appeal to me. If you haven't tried any Gelly Nail Paints yet, they retail for £3.99 and are available from to purchase worldwide from their website and if you're in the UK and don't want to spend on shipping, they're also available in Superdrug and Boots stores across the country.

10 comments:

  1. I have blue plum, I found that the shine had worn off after a day. Still like the colour though so I'll try it again to see how the shine lasts :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh that's a shame! I must admit, I haven't worn any of them properly yet, I just quickly swatched them. You could always just add a top coat, it defeats the point of them, but atleast you'll have a lasting shiny manicure :)

      Delete
  2. I have Watermelon, I LOVE it! Very nice, Barry M is one of the best (if not THE BEST) "drugstore" polishes out there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, BarryM is my all time favourite British brand, if not my favourite all time brand. I've been using it since I was 13 and still have and use the same polishes I bought back then. Nearly 8 years later, they're still perfectly fine!

      Delete
  3. oh I love them! Blackberry and Watermelon are my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how shiny they are!

    Jazz x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous swatches sweetie!! <3 <3 Miss talking to youu!!
    love,
    B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Be still my heart! Someday I WILL own some Barry M!! Gorgeous swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are stunning polishes aren't they they look great on you and they are great for stamping too so I've heard!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've only seen two of these in person, they are obviously very popular where I am and with these swatches I can see why - you make them look great

    ReplyDelete