Saturday 13 October 2012

Swatch Series: OPI - Skyfall Collection

Hi ladies! Welcome to the 'Skyfall Swatch Series' (say that 3x fast), I wanted to be a little different in showing you swatches of this collection, not that I have a problem with collection posts, I just feel as though I have done too many of those already this month. It wasn't until I was loading up the pictures to make the post that it hit me....Skyfall is being released here in the UK on October 26th, 13 days from now and there's a total of 12 polishes in the collection - so why not post one polish from the collection each day, in the order of when the corresponding movies were released until the launch of the newest movie, Skyfall.

For those of you unaware at what I'm even talking about, OPI's 'Skyfall' collection has been released in celebration to 50 years of James Bond, with each polish being named after 12 of 23 James Bond movies. Over the duration of 50 years there has been a total of 7 actors who have played James Bond, with Daniel Craig currently playing the character.So, for the next 12 days, I will post swatches showing each of the 12 shades along with a little snippet of information about each movie it corresponds with.

Starting us off is You Only Live Twice 



The 5th James Bond film

Starring Sean Connery as James Bond, Akiko Wakabayashi as Ski, Mie Hama as Kissy Suzuki, Donald Pleasence as the villain, Blofeld. With Burt Kwouk. Directed by Lewis Gilbert. Screenplay by Roald Dahl. Filmed in Japan.



Opening dates: UK June 12, 1967; US June 13, 1967.



Now onto the swatches:





You Only Live Twice is a Magenta base packed with Pink & Gold for a glass flecked finish. My photos don't really do this polish a lot of justice, it's a lot more vibrant in real life. This is two coats of You Only Live Twice without a base/top coat.


What do you think to this post? It's completely different to what I'd normally do, so I want to make sure you're all liking the direction I took for these swatches! Stay tuned for tomorrows instalment of the Skyfall Swatch Series!






5 comments:

  1. I like your approach - presenting not just the polish but the film it was named after too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also like your approach for this collection!
    YOLT is a gorgeous polish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not honestly super impressed with this collection. The colors are beautiful, but I already have a bunch of dark colors. If I buy anything from this collection this would definitely be the one I pick! It's super pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you went to a lot of work on this post! I like the history but, honestly, I didn't watch the videos! :/ I like a lot of the colors in Skyfall but this one isn't very unique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh love! This is on its way to me! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete