Wednesday 17 October 2012

Swatch Series: OPI - Skyfall Collection

Hi ladies! Today's Bond movie titled polish is Moonraker! As always;



The 11th James Bond film

Starring Roger Moore as James Bond, Lois Chiles as Holly Goodhead, Michel Lonsdale as the villain, Drax and Richard Kiel as Jaws. Directed by Lewis Gilbert.



Opening dates: UK, June 26, 1979; US, July 2, 1979.



Trivia: The 11th Bond film was originally supposed to be For Your Eyes Only, but Moonraker was moved up to tie in with the new Space Shuttle program, as well as the Star Wars craze.

Now for the swatches of Moonraker!





Moonraker is a frosty Grey with subtle blue undertones. When I first saw swatches of this polish, I didn't think much to it, but after applying it to my own nails I was pleasantly surprised...it actually suits my skin tone really well. It does dry to a frost finish, which means there are some slightly visible brush lines and also it's one of those polishes that will show any imperfections on the nails, but other than that I REALLY like this colour!

What are your thoughts on Moonraker? Are you like me in the fact you were put off by bottle shots/other swatches until seeing them on your own nails? Remember to come back tomorrow for the next instalment of my Skyfall series!


4 comments:

  1. I really like this one! I do find these ones a little bit harder to apply!

    Jazz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a fan of chrome finish, but this polish does look very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks really beautiful on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratss onthe 2000!!!!!!
    And loved the polish!!

    ReplyDelete