Monday 29 October 2012

Swatch: Girly Bits - Wet Bikini

Hi ladies! I thought I would show you a swatch of a Girly Bits polish I bought recently during Harlow & Co.'s 15% off offer on their website whilst I was supposed to be on a no-buy...whoops. I did only stick to one polish though, so that counts right?! I've also recently bought a light box and am currently in the process of learning the best way to use it and get the most results, I only have one lamp at the moment, which I think does take away slightly from the overall effect, but that aside it means I can now swatch at night, not just during the day; in your face dark Winter nights! The photos you will see below have all been taken inside my light box using two different cameras, the slightly Yellowy tinted ones have been taken on my bridge camera, whilst the others have been taken on my compact camera. I'm so annoyed at my bridge camera because it comes out so Yellow, but it takes a lot clearer photos of glitter than my compact, which kind of outweighs it's flaws.

Enough Rambling, let's take a look at Wet Bikini!








Wet Bikini is a mixture of Aqua, Blue and Opalescent various sized Square and Hex glitters in a Clear base. I had no trouble with the application of Wet Bikini, it went on smoothly and spread evenly without any major clumps. Wet Bikini is more colour accurate in the 3rd and 4th photo, whilst the last two photos show the glitter more clearly. I layered 2 coats of Girly Bits - Wet Bikini over Finger Paints - Late Night Rendezvous without a base or top coat.

So there you have my light box debut! I obviously need a bit of a mess around with my bridge camera to get the white balance correct, but it can only get better from here right?! Hopefully you can expect more frequent postings now I am able to swatch at night, if there's anything in particular you'd like to see, let me know!
You can purchase Girly Bits polishes directly from Pam, the mastermind behind Girly Bits, on her Bigcartel for $10 each as well as various on line retailers such as Harlow & Co. and Llarowe for $11/12 each. To keep up with the latest Girly Bits news and releases, be sure to like them on Facebook!

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing, your photos are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried changing the light settings on your bridge camera to 'tungsten'? That should counter yellow-y tones created by artificial light. Lovely swatches anyway - the polish looks gorgeous! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snap! This was also my Sunday post =) xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! This is gorgeous! I love all the different colours!

    Jazz x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad I found this blog!

    ReplyDelete