Tuesday 15 May 2012

Swatch: Essie - Resort 2012 Collection

Hi ladies! I'd like to apologise for the lack of posting recently, I haven't really had the time to sit down and get some polishes swatched for you let alone write the posts to go with it! I'm hopefully going to be back on track now and I have some exciting new polishes coming up for you shortly, so stay tuned for those. Today I have the Essie 'Resort 2012' Collection to show you, unfortunately I only have the minis of these, but after seeing them on my nails, I think I may have to purchase the full sized ones! Anyway, enough rambling, let's get into the post!

Label Shot
Indoors, Natural Light
Direct Sunlight
Pink-A-Boo is a semi sheer, baby Pink with Blue and Pink iridescent micro glitter. I actually liked this one more than I thought I would, the iridescent glitter really does bring this otherwise plain, pale Pink polish to life. The photo above is 3 coats, but as you can see the nail line is still visible, nevertheless it's still very flattering to the nail and I actually think this suited my skin tone very well!

Label Shot
Indoor, Natural Light
Direct Sunlight
She's Picture Perfect is a gorgeous light Periwinkle with a Blue/Pink shimmer. I wasn't sure what to make of this polish, the shimmer does make it different to other Lilac polishes, but the shimmer only becomes apparent when in direct sunlight, which is a tad disappointing for me. The above photos are 2 coats, I did find the formula of this polish to be a little thicker than the others, which resulted in having to re-do my pinkie finger!

Label Shot
Indoor, Natural Light
Direct Sunlight
Sure Shot is a bright, perfect for Summer, Magenta shimmer. This has to be my favourite out of the four in the collection, go figure?! The photo above is 2 coats, but you could easily get away with one thick coat. This was also my favourite formula to apply, it went on without any issues, which is definitely what I look for in a polish!

Label Shot
Direct Sunlight
No More Film is a deep, 'Blurple' creme. This definitely leans more purple than it shows in the photos, but nevertheless it's still a beautiful shade. The application was a bit hit and miss, it applied well in one coat, but it was the kind of formula that tends to flood around your cuticles, which can be a HUGE PITA. You should definitely take care when applying this polish to minimise the chance of flooding, slow and steady always wins the race, right?! The photo above is 2 coats due to some flooding clean-up mishap!

Essie Resort 2012 mini collection retails for £16.95 (or £11.95 at BeautyBay!) or you can purchase each polish separately for £8.50 each, again from BeautyBay (or £9.95 RRP) - but we all love savings right!
What are your thoughts on Essie 'Resort 2012' Collection? Do you have a favourite?

8 comments:

  1. I also bought the mini set recently :) I love She's Picture Perfect in your photos, but I haven't worn it yet. No More Film is also pretty, but it's very similar to OPI's Road House Blues, which I already own, just a tad bit lighter. All in all a nice collection, although I don't particularly love the pink and magenta polishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I like this collection!
    I think that my favorites are the purples - She's Picture Perfect and No More Film.
    Thanks for the detailed info about application on these!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous swatches! I have She's Picture Perfect :D Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pink a boo is definitely my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pink a boo looks so pretty on you but when I used it I wanted to scream so sheer and too pale for me. Wah. But that second polish is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great swatches! They look relly pretty on you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pink A Boo is my absolute favorite!! I love how girly it is!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love No More Film. I keep thinking about getting it. Thanks for swatching!

    ReplyDelete