Thursday 17 May 2012

Swatch: eye CANDY - Magnetic Quilt 'Bordeaux'

Hi ladies, me again! Are you getting sick of seeing me yet? I promise you, this is the last post for today! Carrying on with the eye CANDY theme of today, I have one of their new 'Quilted' magnetic polishes in Bordeaux. I'm sure you're all aware by now that eye CANDY has a brand new polish line out in 408 Sainsburys stores Nationwide and are 3 free, 100% British and use the same world class formula as OPI for a fraction of the price!
Now, this is the first time I have EVER used a Magnetic polish as they've never really interested me, so you'll have to excuse the mess, but I do think I did a reasonably good job for my first try, right!? Bordeaux itself is a deep, Ruby Red base packed with Silver shimmer - I'd actually wear this polish without using the magnet!
If you're like me and are a complete noob when it comes to Magnetic polishes, I thought I would give you a quick insight to what I did;

  1. Place a thin layer of the polish on each finger and leave until 'almost' dry
  2. Apply a thick layer of polish on one finger and quickly place the magnet 'ridge' at the base of the cuticle.
  3. Hold for 15-20 seconds
  4. Repeat step 2 & 3 on remaining nails.
After following those steps, you should end up with something like this, if not better; Note; In the following photos, a Top Coat was used.

Bottle Shot

Brush Shot

Detachable Magnetic Lid.

Indoors, Natural Light

Indoors, Natural Light

Indoors, Natural Light

I also wanted to see how it would look matted, as you can see, matting the polish does seem to effect the opacity of the magnetic pattern as well as highlighting more how noob I really am at this. I used one coat of ELF - Matte Finisher Top Coat for the photos below.

Indoors, Natural Light

Indoors, Natural Light

Indoors, Natural Light

I was impressed by the strength of the magnet but unfortunately, this polish hasn't changed my opinion of Magnetic polishes. Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of them but they just don't 'wow' me. As I mentioned, I would definitely wear this colour without the use of the Magnet, I think it's beautiful and I don't own anything quite like it.
For those of you who DO like Magnetic polishes, eye CANDY currently has 2 types of magnet designs, the one you see above and also waves (which were pictured in the Press Release post), they will also be launching two new designs in the near future; a star design and diagonal lines! The Magnetic range are available for purchase at most large Sainsburys stores for £10 each (10ml) and come in three different colours; Espresso (coffee metallic), Artic (silver metallic) and of course Bordeaux.
To keep up with the latest news from eye CANDY be sure to check out their website and also add them to Facebook & Twitter




3 comments:

  1. Ohgmz this one is so cool! I've seen this yesterday when you posted and hadn't had the chance to comment and today I had to come back to say howww cool Is this new magnet! Omgz!

    ReplyDelete