Saturday 19 May 2012

Swatch: Collection 2000: Fruit Salad

Hi ladies, me again! I have a Collection 2000 polish to show you today, I haven't featured anything by Collection 2000 since way back when my blog was brand spanking new! So again, that needs to be changed and to kick things off (again) is Fruit Salad! Fruit Salad has to be one of THE most annoying polishes to photograph, in some photos it looks like a muted, pinkie Coral, but in others it appears to be almost neon. So just take the photos below with a pinch of salt and picture something in between the two. As I've mentioned in my previous Collection 2000 post, the brushes are a bit TOO wide for my liking, but since my nail painting 'skill' has developed over my blogging lifetime, it has become a bit easier to work with. The photos below are 2 coats of Fruit Salad without a Top Coat. The formula itself is okay, I do find it to be a bit thick and it floods in some areas, but it is manageable IF you have the patience. The drying time is what gives the 'Hot Looks' range an edge, as they do dry pretty quickly (especially for a drugstore brand)

Indoors, Natural Light
Direct Sunlight
Indoors, Natural Light
Indoors, With Flash

Collection 2000 Hot Looks polishes are available in the UK from Boots and Superdrug stores for £1.79, they usually are on a 2 for £3 offer (as they currently are in Boots) but at the moment in Superdrug, they are on 3 for 2. I have a few more Collection 2000 posts lined up for you, so if you'd like to see those then stay tuned!

4 comments:

  1. It's a lovely colour. 2 coats is great

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty color! Love it! I think I haven´t even heard about Collection 2000 before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks nice and smooth. :) Very pretty color.

    ReplyDelete