Thursday 10 May 2012

Swatch: Color Club 'Foiled' Collection

Hi ladies! I thought I would do something different for you today; swatch a whole collection! I always wanted my blog to be a 'one swatch' post, but lets be honest - it would take me forever and a day to get through my whole collection one by one. So, 6 polishes, 14 times up and down the stairs and multiple curse words at the weather screwing with my lighting; Color Clubs 'Foiled' Collection is born.

Image from Google

The 'Foiled' Collection was released in Autumn/Fall 2011 and consists of 6 foil/chrome colours. The formula of these polishes are amazing, I had no issues during application with bald spots or flooding and the drying time is super quick! All of the swatches below are 2 coats without a base/top coat and taken indoors with natural lighting. Lets get into it shall we?



Antiquated is a soft, Champagne Gold with Silver Shimmer. Streaky with the first coat but evens out nicely with a second.



Lumin-Icent is a pale, icy Blue with Silver shimmer. This is also streaky with the first coat, but a second clears that up straight away.



Perfect Mol-ten is a light, Jade Green with Silver shimmer. Again, streaky with the first coat but evens out with the second.



Foil Me Once is a light, Mauve Pink with Silver shimmer. This polish reminds me of a lighter, slightly more foiled looking Meet Me On The Star Ferry by OPI.



Hot Like Lava is a bold, deep Magenta with light Pink shimmer. This is my FAVOURITE polish from the collection. I used two coats for the photo, but you can easily get away with one.



Cold Metal is a bold, true Blue with Silver shimmer. This is my second fave from the collection, like Hot Like Lava, it's so pigmented that you'd be able to get away with one coat, but for the purpose of the post, I used two.

Overall, I love this collection! You have the 'toned down' colours, but you also get the 'in-your-face' bold colours too! I received the 'Foiled' collection in a swap a while back with Nicel, but I believe they are available at Ross stores in the US for around $8/9. If you're from the UK, it's worth checking out your local TKMaxx as I've seen various Color Club sets for around £8.
What are your thoughts on this collection? Do you have a favourite?

12 comments:

  1. I love Cold Metal and Hot Like Lava!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lumin-icent and cold metal are pretty nice. not to sure about the others though

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this collection. As soon as I saw it at my grocery store I had to get them all. They look amazing matte-ed, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great collection! Love Lumin-Icent and Cold Metal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiiiii!!
    such cool swatches!! They are amazing rach!!:D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Antiquated is great with your skin tone, it looks quite like OPI's Designer De Better. Perfect Mol-ten is pretty too, it reminds me of a mermaid lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the foil collection on you. I only have two so far! Great job. I hate my stairs too. Darn reverse floor plans are a pain.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these! Look great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Swatches. I love this collection! I own two Of them but this makes me want the others! Hot like lava looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love it! Great texture, gorgeous colors, what else can a girl want...?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Foils aren't my favorites but I really like Cold Metal!

    ReplyDelete