Sunday 20 May 2012

Swatch: China Glaze - For Audrey

Hi ladies! Today I have one of China Glaze most infamous polish 'For Audrey'. For Audrey was one of the very first China Glaze polishes I purchased when I started hoarding collecting Nail Polish, I'd seen so much hype and posts about For Audrey, I just had to see for myself. I must admit, although I LOVED this polish when I first got it in the mail, it has since been lost in my ever growing collection. I honestly forgot how much I actually do love this polish until I busted it out for swatching. For Audrey is an almost perfect match for the famous Tiffany Blue, a little more blue than green it is the perfect balance between the two and will compliment most skin tones. This is THE most perfect colour for Spring/Summer and one I will definitely be wearing for more than 10 minutes during a swatch fest. But don't take my word for it, take a look for yourself!

Bottle Shot
Indoors, Natural Light
Indoors,  Indirect Sunlight

Man, I forgot how much I love this colour. The application is a dream, it applies like butter and you only need 2 coats max, you could probably get away with one coat. As I mentioned, this is definitely going to be one of my 'go to' shades for Spring and Summer, I even have a gorgeous pair of sandals this would look AMAZING with. What are your thoughts on For Audrey? Do you think it's overrated or do you think it's hype is deserved?

12 comments:

  1. I have got to get this! I keep putting it off since its not HTF but it is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's over-hyped. It might be just one of those polishes you need to see in person to understand its beauty though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty. Another polish I keep *almost* picking up, but haven't yet.... Think I need to remedy that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous swatches! Such a pretty color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great color. I'm like Lizzy: I keep picking it up and then putting it back. I don't know why!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love China Glaze and I love this color. I picked up For Audrey several times and put it back, but I finally decided to buy it during a buy 2 get 1 free promo. I'm glad I did. It is such a pretty color.

    ReplyDelete
  7. For Audrey is so cool and bright--it was totally top of my list for my first hoarding/collecting shopping excursion too! It really needs to be made a permanent member of their lineup. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I definitely think the hype is well-deserved! Tiffany blue has been one of my most favorite colors for years, and this nail polish fits in perfectly with my obsession. I always reach for this color when I need a pick-me-up in my life.

    Two coats of For Audrey + one coat of Seche Vite topcoat = perfection!

    ReplyDelete