Tuesday 22 May 2012

Swatch: China Glaze - Sea Spray

Hi ladies! I have another China Glaze polish to show you today, which is also going to be an amazing underwear colour for tomorrows post! Sea Spray was originally released as part of China Glaze 'Anchors Away' collection last Spring and is a gorgeous, greyed out light Blue with the tiniest hints of Pearl shimmer. The shimmer doesn't really translate onto the nail, but that being said, it is still one of my favourite China Glaze shades. It's a perfect pastel shade without being 'too' pastel (totally makes sense, right?!) and will definitely be a perfect shade to spruce up a plain outfit. The application was perfect, as with most China Glaze polishes I have come across, it applied like butter and I only needed 2/3 coats for opacity.

Label Shot

Indoors, Natural Light

Indoors, Natural Light

As I mentioned, this is a perfect underwear shade for tomorrows post, any guesses at what it might be? You can still find Sea Spray on eBay for around £5 if you're in the UK, if you're from the US, I believe they are still available in certain stores.

11 comments:

  1. I totally adore Sea Spray! Maybe it's the hint of grey that keeps it from crossing over into the "too pastel" category for me? I actually wanted to use it for a mani tonight and can't find my bottle anywhere--gasp and horror! I know if I buy another bottle I'll be sure to find the original the very next day...but then again, having a backup of such a cute colour wouldn't be a bad thing at all. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loooove Sea Spray, one of my favorite light blues!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this shade! I'm pretty sure it was one of my first China Glaze purchases!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! This is such a beautiful colour :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks lovely and sounds even better in real life-- a slightly smoky light blue with a subtle pearlescent finish? So tastie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I jus finished removing sea spray and applied Liquid leather :) One of my favs too :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is a beautiful shade, I must check it out, thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's an awesome color!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too funny! I have been looking for a color just like this, most baby blues are too bright. This one is perfect. I need it for "underwear" too! I'm excited to see what you're using it for!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how subdued it is.

    ReplyDelete