Sunday 11 December 2011

My Name is Rachel & I'm a polishaholic....


It's currently 01:46am and I cannot get to sleep. I've literally just been laid in bed for the last hour & half just waiting to fall asleep, to no avail. So what do you do when you can't sleep? Write a post and hope you're ready to sleep by the end of it! I thought I would show you how my collection has grown since I started blogging merely 2 months ago. As you can see from the photo above, my polish collection was that of someone who liked nail polish, but not to an extremity that I do now. The Models Own & China Glaze polishes were actually only about 2 weeks old when I created this blog, so you can imagine how small my collection really was....Then I discovered blogging, well I say I discovered it, I didn't. It was more of an adventure into blogging that made me spiral out of control.
I look at the amount of polish I have now and can't even justify having so much, I mean as of this moment, I rarely post swatch posts - this NEEDS to change asap (please Britain, give me some good quality sunshine, if only for 3 hours), anyone care to kick me into gear?!
So....in 2ish months, my collection has gone from the above, to this...(and even this isn't all of it, I'm expecting at least 5 more Nail Mail packages...)


This is my collection as of right now, literally, I took these just before I wrote this post. I know there isn't as much as alot of the polishaholic bloggers out there, but this is in just 2 months, I can only imagine what it will be like in another 6. As you can see, the half empty one box has turned into 2 full boxes! Box1 contains all my BarryM, Models Own, Nails Inc, GOSH, ELF & 17 polishes. Box2 contains all my China Glaze, OPI, Cult Nails, Collection 2000, Andrea Fulerton & various other polishes.
I will eventually get around to posting swatches of my whole collection, I'm just waiting for the Nail Wheels that I ordered from eBay to arrive, which SHOULD be in the next 2 weeks. They won't be reviewed swatches, it will just be the polish on a wheel with a number underneath and a link to a spreadsheet with the corresponding number on it. Good idea? Let me know!


10 comments:

  1. Blogging will do it to you,as you're exposed to all sorts of enablers who will happily encourage the addiction.That last photo actually blows my mind.Have you counted your stash yet? Oh my,won't that be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have, it's so tiny compared to a lot of peoples, I have roughly 170 ish. The pile photo is just a before sorting them into the boxes!
    And I know what you mean, everytime I go onto a blog I see a polish that, if I don't get, I'll suddenly explode, so I have to buy it straight away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Where do you get your polishes from - any special websites that you pick it up cheaper? Also, i love the pink storage, what is it you're using? x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I generally pay full price for my polishes, I have gotten most of my China Glaze/OPI from eBay/various websites for cheaper than their retail. Other than that, the polishes I own are generally under £5 or I get them in 3 for 2 deals. As for the storage they're just pop up boxes that I bought from a store, they look like this http://polishedcriminails.blogspot.com/2011/11/how-to-how-i-store-my-polish.html :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never Too Broke To Be Beautifu12 December 2011 at 13:20

    I love this post because my collection is nothing in comparison to yours, which alleviates my guilt a little!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's funny. Because before I started blogging my makeup collection was eh. Now its exploded. I love all your polishes tho :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Give it time! If I've learnt anything in my blogging time, it's that temptation is everywhere! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know what you mean, I started out with a beauty blog and was constantly buying new make-up to review/swatch, now it's moved over to nail polish! I guess I just have an addictive personality haha :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi again,Rachel,I am awarding you the Nail Polish tag,which will be posted up on my blog in a bit.There will be a link to your blog.

    ReplyDelete