Wednesday 28 December 2011

We did it, Ladies!

Firstly, thank you to everyone who gave me suggestions of how to get rid of horrible stained nails! You girls are literally my saviours. Secondly, if you haven't already guessed, I have successfully de-stained my nails! They're not 100% perfect, but for the 5 minutes it took, I'm pretty impressed with it!

Here they are before! *Sick bucket*
Here they are now! WOW


I know you're probably dying to find out how I de-stained them, I basically took two pieces of advice I was given and did them both; Buffed my nails with a Nail File and then I got a small bowl and mixed together hot water and baking soda then got an old toothbrush and gave it a scrub with that. Once most of it was buffed/scrubbed out I then just got a cotton pad with a tiny bit of Nail Polish Remover and went over it with that. Then added a little bit of cuticle oil to each nail to give it some extra love after their ordeal. And voila! SO HAPPY. Thank you to everyone who commented on the last post, you really did help!

Snapshot of the 'tools' used!


8 comments:

  1. Whoohoo! glad it worked out for you :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great!!! Glad you were able to destain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou, you have no idea how glad I am that it worked! No more nasty looking nails and just in time for a job interview! WOOO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I might have to try out this baking soda tip.I've had the same issue,with a purple polish,and I used so much damn acetone. After that my nails were not any better than before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowwwwww the results are amazing!! I'm so glad for you :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, such a difference! They look great now — you must be so relieved!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should definately try it, I think the filing helped clear most of it, and the baking soda just helped clear the rest of it

    ReplyDelete
  8. So relieved, I did a little celebratory dance haha!

    ReplyDelete