Tuesday 6 December 2011

Nail Trends: Winter 2011/12 (China Glaze)


I've decided to do it a little bit different this year as I've accumulated so many more polishes, there are a lot more colours in my collection suited for each season. Instead of doing a post with 2 colours per post, I thought I would do it by brand name, mainly due to the fact I've now collected most of the Let It Snow collection by China Glaze, doing 2 at a time would literally go on forever. I actually thought I'd start off with my China Glaze Winter picks...so here we go!






First up we have China Glaze - Snow Globe. This polish is absolutely gorgeous, when I look at it, it reminds me of confetti and 100's & 1000's. It looks amazing layered over any coloured base polish, my favourite being when it's over black polish (China Glaze - Cosmic looks especially beautiful). Love, love, love it!








Next up we have China Glaze - Twinkle Lights. I've said this before and I'll say it again - it really does look like Christmas in a bottle. It's like someone has shredded a Christmas tree, turned it into glitter, packed it into a clear base and carefully poured it in to little bottles of joy. Twinkle Lights is a polish you can layer over a base colour, or wear it alone - either way it looks just as beautiful. This is the definition of a Winter polish!





Next up is China Glaze - Ring In The Red. I was sceptical about buying this at first as it looks very similar to Ruby Pumps in the bottle. However, as I purchased a mini set with this in, I can now see that it's a lot different to Ruby Pumps. Ring In The Red has a lot more scattered, chunky glitter where as Ruby Pumps is a lot more fine glitter. Another difference is that Ring In The Red is a brighter shade of Red when compared to Ruby Pumps, a true Ruby Red shade. So you can totally justify owning both polishes.



Note: Blue Sparrow will be added here - I forgot to take a swatch photo. DOH!!




Here we have China Glaze - Tinsel Town, probably my most favourite glitter polish from this collection. Tinsel Town is a tinted grey base with both small and large round glitters packed in. The application of this glitter is absolutely amazing, it only takes two coats to be fully opaque and doesn't dry as rough as a lot of glitters do, which is definitely a bonus to me.






Next up is China Glaze - Poinsettia. I don't really have much to say about this polish, Poinsettia is a classic, bright red, high shine creme polish. I did find the formula to be a little bit thin, I needed 3 coats for this swatch, which is unusual for Red polishes, I think anyway. It's definitely not a unique colour, but nevertheless, perfectly suited for the Christmas season.






Here we have China Glaze - Holly-Day. Now I never really used to like Green polishes, there was something about them that I tended to steer away from. However since I purchased China Glaze - Starboard on a whim, I've absolutely fallen in love with Green polishes. Holly-Day is a medium toned holly green creme polish, again - perfect for the Christmas season. Full coverage in only 2 coats!





Next up (wow, I'm getting sick of writing that - must update vocabulary) is China Glaze - Icicle. Icicle is a silver foil polish, definitely not the most unique polish in the world. However, it fits perfectly in with this collection, because as soon as I saw it, I felt the Winter chill rush through me. I found this polish to be pretty opaque, I only really needed two coats for the swatch, possibly even one if I'd have done a generous enough first coat!






If there's one thing this collection isn't short of, it's Red polishes! Anyway, here we have China Glaze - Winter Berry, another Red creme polish. This one is a deeper and slighter darker Red than Poinsettia, but they are very similar in colour. I don't understand why they decided to include two polishes that are so similar, but I guess in the Holiday Season there are a lot of different toned Reds around. The formula is also similar to Poinsettia, slightly thin and opaque in 3 coats.




And lastly we have China Glaze - Velvet Bow. Out of all the Reds in this collection, this has to be my most favourite. It looks amazing next to my skin-tone...even if I do say so myself! Velvet Bow is a gorgeous deep wine coloured red creme polish, however, I did have a hard time applying this polish to my nails, I used 3 coats for the swatch, but even then there were still some patches on my nail. Besides that, I absolutely love this colour, definitely my favourite out of the cremes! 




Sorry to have another long post for you to read! But I had a lot of polishes for China Glaze! I've also done Winter Trends with BarryM, E.L.F, Models Own & a few miscellaneous ones too, I'll post those over the next few days, so keep an eye out! Hope you've enjoyed reading this, and have actually gotten to this point, congratulations to those of you that have! If you have any polishes from China Glaze you think are perfect for this season, leave me a comment below! Thanks for reading!


1 comment:

  1. Great tremendous things here. I'm very happy to peer your post. Thank you a lot and I'm looking forward to touch you. Will you please drop me a e-mail?
    Avet MXJ Single Speed Reels MXJ58G Gold

    ReplyDelete