Wednesday 28 December 2011

WARNING: UGLY NAKED NAILS.

First of all I want to say hello to all my knew followers, and also apologise for being MIA lately. Christmas has been SO hectic I haven't really had time to post anything.
If you follow me on Facebook, you'll know that I recently had a MASSIVE fall out with OPI - Swimsuit...Nailed It. For some unbeknown reason, it has completely stained my nails, turning them a horrible shade of aqua. They're so bad right now that I can't actually wear any light colours, as the stainage just turns into a weird grey colour and comes through the polish. Annoying isn't even the word, luckily it is Winter, so dark colours are the 'in thing' right now. Thank GOD.
Enough introduction, are you ready for the monstrosity that are my nails?! Firstly though, please excuse the ridges, I made the mistake of having acrylic nails a LONG time ago and they've never recovered :( BRACE YOURSELVES GUYS!.........







LOOK AT THEM! THEY'RE HORRID. I actually want to cry looking at this photo! This is WITH a basecoat! What the actual heck is going on!?! Has this ever happened to anyone else? And are there ANY possible cures to get rid of the colouring?!
As you can probably guess I was so reluctant to post this, simply because of how disgustingly awful they are, but it puts a little warning out there to be VERY cautious when applying this colour. Gah. NOT HAPPY 

Someone please tell me there's a cure! My nails are begging you.




9 comments:

  1. You can try a whitening pre-rinse mouthwash (like from Listerine) and soak them for a bit. Or you can try scrubbing them with a whitening toothpaste. Or you can try soaking them in a bleach/water combo. I'm so sorry for the stains! I hope something helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try to scrub with lemon or maybe try tablets for cleaning false teeth? Those are the tips I've heard on swedish nail-blogs. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brokebutbeautiful28 December 2011 at 16:39

    I really don't know what to suggest but I've never seen staining that bad before! If you do find a cure you should post about it. My nails are horrible without polish x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! I've never seen blue stain so hard :(
    Try Bubble White from Sally's or buff it out? That should help~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe how bad they are, that's crazy! I heard lemon is good (I've never tried it myself though). Good luck cleaning them up! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my!!! I just got this polish and now I'm nervous!! This has never happened to me, but other bloggers have spoken about products that can be used to clean it.

    Here are two links:
    http://ash-lillyslacquerlust.blogspot.com/2011/12/sinful-staining-and-bubble-white.html http://mysimplelittlepleasures.blogspot.com/2011/05/quick-staining-update.html

    Hope they help!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i've had it happen with some polishes before..like the realy deep dense blues and greens from Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear...i just buff it off with a nail buffer..it's only a thin layer...and then use some cuticle oil..hope this helps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Any good nail buffer should file that right off, and leave your nails shiny!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What base coat are you using? I'm surprised that it stained so badly on you but mine were fine!

    ReplyDelete