Wednesday 11 January 2012

OPI - 20 Candles On My Cake

I have another polish for you that I got from Traci's blogsale in the form of OPI - 20 Candles On My Cake. Which is in fact from the swatch vault (albeit a newer one) as I accidentally tore my nail off whilst removing glitter polish! >.<
If I'm not mistaken this came from the World collection of 2001...In 2001 I was 10, weird. I don't think this is as hard to find as others from the collection, but it's still a bit of an oldie.
In my opinion 20 Candles On My Cake is a reddened rose pink creme, but I've seen people describe it as a pinkend red. Whichever it is, I love it! I think it's definately a colour thats suited to my pale skintone so I'm glad I was able to snatch it up!

Also, I'd like to say thanks to everyone who supported my friends music, he really appreciates it. All comments have been added into the giveaway. Speaking of which, you only have 5 days left to enter! Get to it if you haven't already!

9 comments:

  1. I have this shade in it's original black label bottle. When I finally started to put my polishes into a long over due database, I had found after a lot of searching on line - a couple of sites that had all the collections pretty complete with listings back to when OPI started to name their collections in the early 90's. I have sense lost those links somehow. You are correct it did end up in the Classics collection and continued to be produced into the green label vintage in 2008. I need to really go looking for hours again to see if I can find where in the heck on the web I found 2 really great sites that listed the older collections back to a few from late 80's with the yr released by name and onward. As I recall these lists were not kept up beyond around 2006 or 7 so they must be pretty buried in Google search by now. I just don't know what happened to my bookmarks I DID make when I found both of these good sites.

    I wonder why OPI does not release a nice archive list. They could even put it into a coffee table book. They are out there for Barbie everything. Seems there would be a large market niche for OPI to share the info with us who really are interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I found one - It's not all of 'em but it's a keeper for sure. I needed to change the name in my bookmarks to OPI list of shade vs. the default it saved to by just hitting my bookmark this page default. I will keep looking for the other couple of really good ones. This one goes by alpha order for the OPI names - there is another that is arranged by years oldest to newer. This one is at http://www.freewebs.com/suze/opinailpolishes.htm . It shows your 20 Candles here came out in 2001 in a collection called World 2001 - a fall collection release.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great color. Totally flattering on your nails.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heart red cremes like this! Perfect for spring :)

    I nominated you for the Cute Blog Award: http://amandalandish.blogspot.com/2012/01/cute-blog-award.html

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this color!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, I'll eventually get around to posting the awards I've gotten over the past couple of months, ha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, thanks for finding it for me! I'm definitely bookmarking this as a reference, I'm tempted to even turn it into a spreadsheet so I can keep it with my polishes! If I do, I'll send you the link?

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous colour!! its so glam!! <3

    www.myladyboudoir.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. So as of more recently, does anyone know where I can find the original color?? I used it at a nail salon recently, it had a black label on the bottom, I think, and I've fallen in love with it, but can't find it anywhere! Hellppppp I want to find it at a reasonable price!

    ReplyDelete